At the moment, the feature is not available to all users. If you have received it, here is how you can put it to use.
YouTube is introducing a new feature that allows users to save money on mobile data. The feature will be available for both Android and iOS users.
For data saving, it offered an Auto mode to automatically adjust the video quality based on the network availability. The most recent feature now gives you more control over video streaming quality on mobile networks.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Launch the YouTube app on your smartphone.
- Navigate to the in-app Settings menu.
- There is a new section here called “Video quality preference.”
- On mobile networks, users have a variety of streaming quality options. You can, for example, select “higher picture quality” or “data saver.”
- The term “higher picture quality” will be limited to 720p resolution. The data saver, on the other hand, has a maximum resolution of 480p.