Twitter Spaces can be launched directly from the Twitter app on an iPhone, iPad, or Android device. The feature works the same on all platforms, except for a minor difference in how to access the “Spaces” button.
- To begin, launch the Twitter app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. Check that you’re on the main Home tab.
- Tap the floating “+” button on Android.
- Tap and hold the floating compose button on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then, from the menu, select the Spaces icon.
- Depending on which mobile operating system you’re using, the icon looks slightly different.
- From here on out, the experience will be consistent across platforms. The first step is to give the Space a name and then tap the “Start Your Space” button.
- A list of all the Speakers and Listening guests can be found in the People menu. From this menu, you can “Add Speakers” or “Invite to Speak.”
- The Reaction menu provides a few emojis that you can use to express your feelings without having to speak.
- You can share a link to Space on Twitter or other platforms by using the Share menu.
- Finally, the three-dot menu icon displays the option to turn captions on or off, as well as the option to “Adjust Settings.”
- The settings menu currently includes toggles for captions and sound effects.
- If there are multiple speakers, you will be given the option to “Mute Speakers.”
- You can also select “Remove Speaker” from the People menu.
- The Space menu is minimized to the app’s bottom by tapping the down arrow. If you exit the Twitter app, Space will continue to run in the background.
Twitter Spaces is a fun way to chat with your followers and friends. Give it a shot!