Do you wish to sell a product or a service over the internet? But you don’t want to deal with the inconveniences of putting up an eCommerce store? Then, in 2021, you’d better learn how to sell on Instagram.
How to Sell on Instagram in 2021: 10 Simple Ways to Sell Online
Instagram is much more than just a place to post images with your pals on social media. It’s a full-featured business program that includes a variety of online selling alternatives. Once you’ve decided what products or services you’d like to offer on Instagram, simply follow these steps:
Make a Business Account on Instagram
You’ll need to create an interactive business account to sell on Instagram. When compared to a personal Instagram account, a corporate account offers a variety of advantages to entice clients, including:
Option to add your company’s details, such as address, phone number, and website URL.
Learn more about your Instagram followers and their online behavior habits with real-time Instagram insights.
Facility to run promotions to drive more leads.
How to Switch to Instagram Business Account
- To access the menu, go to your Instagram profile and press on the three horizontal lines.
- Select Settings and Account from the drop-down menus.
- Then select Professional Account and Business from the drop-down menu.
- After you’ve switched your Instagram account, you’ll need to fill in your company information. By navigating to Edit Profile > Profile Display > Select whether you wish to hide or display your contact information, you can hide your company information.
- Don’t forget to tap Done.
Connect with your business’s Facebook page.
You may link your Facebook business page to your Instagram business account to increase sales from both channels. To do so, follow these steps:
- Select Edit Profile from the menu.
- Tap the Page under the Public Business Information tab.
- If you don’t already have a Facebook page, choose one or create one. Make sure you can only link one Facebook page to your Instagram business account at a time.
Consistent & High-quality Content.
Sharing consistent and high-quality material is critical in this advice on how to sell on Instagram. Content is crucial for establishing your brand identity, attracting new followers, and keeping them engaged. In addition, Instagram allows you to share a variety of content types on your Instagram shop, including:
- Theme-specific content – to establish your identity, you can design a special theme for your Instagram profile.
- The best method to develop on Instagram is to post high-quality photographs and videos that are clear, sharp, and actionable.
- Make your material more creative by using Instagram applications like Boomerang, Layout, or Hyperlapse to add a creative element to your posts.
- Maintain user engagement by creating lessons, quizzes, and Q&A polls for your clients.
- Captions that are both catchy and instructive – Instagram captions aid in the development of strong relationships with followers, making them worthy of placing an order.
Add your URL Link in the Bio
When a new consumer visits your page, they are likely to look at your bio page first. If you have an online store, you should take advantage of this opportunity to direct people to it. To add or amend a link in your bio, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on the Edit Profile button to open your editing settings.
- Add the link in the Website field and save the change.
To get the most out of this option, you should:
- Emojis should be placed next to the link so that customers do not miss it.
- With the simple words “link in bio,” you can direct your followers to the link.
- Adjust your link to match the products or services you’re marketing.
- Include a bold CTA in the bio.
Add a link to the Stories & Reels that you’ve created.
Instagram stories and reels are the most effective ways to expose your products to your audience and encourage them to purchase them. You should integrate a link in your Instagram stories or reels if you want your fans to order right away after watching them.
- In the Instagram Stories window, choose a photo or video.
- To add a link to your article, tap the chain icon.
- When you’re finished, tick the box next to the destination URL. Customers can now see the buy link when you publish an story.
Reel your customers
Instagram reels are a great way to keep your fans entertained by using famous tunes and fun filters. You can record 15-second movies of your products set to music to entertain and sell them all at once.
- Open the Instagram reel camera and select the Reels option to make your first Instagram reels.
- You can change tracks from the Instagram music library or your music collection to fit your video.
- To embellish your reels, adjust the video speed and utilize several filters.
- When you’re happy with your work, tap Share to share it with all of your followers.
Use Instagram Hashtags That Are Relevant
To sell on Instagram, you need to appear near the top of the search results, which you can only do if you use relevant and popular hashtags. Hashtags are similar to keywords in that they help you reach a wider audience on Instagram. As a result, choose your hashtags wisely because Instagram only enables you to use 30 tags each post.You can utilize hashtag generating tools like Hashtagify, All Hashtag, Webstagram, AutoHash, and others to make your hashtags search reasonable.
Target Instagram Ads
It’s not a bad idea to run some sponsored Instagram advertising to market your brand. A few sponsored leads, in addition to organic traffic, can make a huge difference in your sales. Plus, with Instagram ads, you have complete control over your budget, target audience, geographic region, and other factors. You have two options for running Instagram ads:
Promote a Post
Select the post you want to promote from your profile.
Select the Promote option. You may also use Instagram Insights to navigate to the Promotions data and tap the Create Promotion Link button.
Configure the objective and action button using the vast Instagram gallery.
Select the Get More Profile and Website Visits option to lead your target audience to your Instagram profile. Fill up the Destination section with your profile or a link to your website.
Give your target audience instructions on how to use your account.
You must define your target audience based on their location, gender, and age.
Then, based on the duration of your Instagram promotion, determine a budget for it.
You may examine insights to monitor results once your promotion is online.
- On your phone or PC, install the Facebook Ads Manager.
- To create a new Instagram ad, open Ads Manager and click the green Ad button.
- Choose a marketing goal for your ad, such as brand awareness, reach, traffic, engagement, or something else.
- Give your Instagram ad campaign a name.
- You can do split tests on different sections of your campaign if you desire.
- Define your Instagram ad’s target audience.
- To pick Instagram advertising in the feed, change the placements from Automatic to Edit Placements.
- Configure ad distribution details depending on your marketing goals with Delivery Optimization.
- Determine the entire ad campaign budget as well as the ad’s duration.
- Choose from Carousel, Single Image, Single Video, Slideshow, or Collection as your ad format.
- Finally, to submit your ad for evaluation, click the green Confirm button.
Use Instagram Shopping
The Instagram Shopping tool allows you to tag your products directly in your posts. Customers can get price and product information from the posts. The straight Shop Now button allows you to tag up to 5 products per image or 20 products per carousel with this feature.
- To sell things, create an online store.
- Create an Instagram account for your business that is linked to your Facebook profile.
- Using Facebook Partner or Catalog Manager, link your Instagram account to your Facebook catalog.
- Go to your profile settings and select Business, then Instagram Shopping.
- With Instagram Shopping, you may increase interaction by following the on-screen instructions.
Third-party Instagram selling tools are available.
You may also utilize a variety of third-party apps to boost your Instagram sales. Consider the following scenario:
- Using applications like Like2Buy or Have2HaveIt, create shop links in your bio that match the style of your Instagram feeds.
- With Soldsie, you can make Instagram posts that can be purchased.
- You can include product credits with affiliate links using Liketoknow.it’s like tools so that users who like your photo will receive an email including all shoppable products in the post.
On Instagram, you have a multitude of options for creating a visually appealing and inventive shop. You can also use Instagram to advertise your items in a variety of ways, such as influencer collaborations, paid adverts, and more. In brief, Instagram has all of the capabilities you need to start an online business without having to open a physical or digital store.