Many of us were stranded at home due to the quarantine, which took away many of our favorite items. The act of watching movies with family and friends is one of those things that has been temporarily lost to us.
We have the next best thing, thankfully: a Netflix watch party.
I’ll show you how to watch Netflix with your friends and family at the same time online in this article.
Although a Netflix watch party is no substitute for seeing a movie with your pals at a theater, it is a viable option given the quarantine situation.
To begin, there are a few prerequisites for this to operate. To begin, you and your friends/family will each require a Netflix account as well as the Teleparty browser plugin.
Finally, you’ll need a browser like as Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Please keep in mind that this only works on pcs.
- Netflix account (everyone in the watch party should have an account)
- Teleparty browser extension
- Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge Browser
How to have a Netflix watch party with Teleparty
Netflix viewing parties will be successful thanks to Teleparty. Netflix and other streaming providers are supported.
- Teleparty can be downloaded and installed. The browser extension should be installed on everyone who will be attending the Netflix watch party. It is compatible with both Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- You’ll notice a Teleparty icon (TP) beside the search bar once it’s been installed.
- Log in to your Netflix account at netflix.com. Begin watching a film or television series.
- Once the movie or TV series is running, click on the Teleparty icon. Then select “Start the party” from the drop-down menu. If you want to be the only one who controls Netflix, you may also select “Only I have control.”
- After that, you’ll be given a URL to share with your friends so they may join the watch party. Copy the URL and send it to your family and friends.
That is all there is to it. To join the viewing party, your guests simply need to click on the URL you provided. There’s also a chat feature that you can use to have conversations while you’re watching.