Information about camera hardware, such as the image sensor, is important in determining picture quality. Fortunately, it is fairly simple to determine which camera sensor a phone has. Let’s take a look at some simple methods for locating the camera sensor on your Android phone in this article.
Why Should You Be Aware of the Camera Sensor?
The photo’s resolution is defined by its megapixel count. However, it does not indicate how good the camera is. In reality, photo quality is determined by a variety of factors such as sensor, aperture, post-processing, and others.
You can tell whether the manufacturer used a new or dated image sensor on the phone by looking at the image sensor model. You can also use this information to learn about its capabilities and other details, such as sensor and pixel sizes.
How to Locate the Camera Sensor in Your Phone
There are several methods for determining the camera sensor used on the phone. To obtain the necessary information, you can either use third-party apps or rely on the manufacturer’s spec-sheet. All of the methods are described in detail below.
Making Use of the Device Info HW App
The Device Info HW app on Android phones provides hardware and software information. It can be used to determine the camera image sensor model as follows:
- Install Device Info HW from the Google Play Store.
- Swipe to the Camera tab after opening the app.
- Look under Hardware to see all of the image sensors used on the phone.
- It will also display additional information such as resolution, aperture, focal length, sensor size, pixel size, and more.
Making Use of AIDA64
Another popular third-party app that displays relevant software and hardware information about your phone is AIDA64.
- AIDA64 can be downloaded and installed from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and select Devices.
- Check the box next to Camera ID. The image sensor model of your phone’s camera will be visible.
Details about camera sensors can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
The manufacturer’s website is another option for identifying the camera image sensor used on your phone. Look for the specifications on your phone’s product page on the manufacturer’s official website. The camera sensor specifications can be found here.
You can also do a quick web search to find out what sensor the phone has. However, look for trustworthy and dependable sources.