If you want to allow a blocked user to call or message you on Facebook Messenger again, you must first unblock them. We’ll show you how to do it on both your desktop and mobile devices.
Remember that unblocking someone on Facebook and unblocking them on Facebook Messenger is not the same thing. If you’ve completely blocked someone in your Facebook account, you’ll need to unblock them first before they can connect with you on Messenger.
This guide will show you how to unblock someone who you have only blocked in Facebook Messenger.
Unblock Someone in Facebook Messenger on Desktop
- Follow these steps to remove someone from your block list in the Messenger app or the Messenger web version on your Windows, Mac, Linux, or Chromebook computer.
- Open a web browser on your computer and navigate to the Facebook website. If you haven’t already, sign in to the site with your account.
- Click the down-arrow icon in the top-right corner of the Facebook site.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Settings” in the “Settings & Privacy” menu.
- Facebook will take you to a page called “General Account Settings.” Click “Blocking” in the sidebar to the left.
And Facebook will immediately unblock the selected user in Messenger. They can now call and text you through Messenger.
If you change your mind and want to block them entirely on Facebook, you can do so with ease.
Unblock Someone in Facebook Messenger on a Mobile Device
Use the official Facebook Messenger app on an iPhone, iPad, or Android phone to unblock someone and allow them to contact you.
- To begin, open the Messenger app on your phone. Tap your profile icon in the app’s top-left corner.
- The “Me” screen will appear. Scroll down and select “Privacy.”
- Tap “Blocked Accounts” on the “Privacy” screen.
- In your Facebook account, you’ll now see a list of people you’ve blocked. This list also includes users who have been completely blocked in your account.
- To remove someone from this list, tap their name in the list. Then, on the resulting “Block” screen, tap “Unblock Messages and Calls.”
- Tap “Unblock” in the “Unblock Messages and Calls” prompt that appears.
And that’s it. You have successfully unblocked the user in your Messenger account. They can now call you and message you on Facebook Messenger.