Days are gone when one could break a bank account by using a landline to make an international call.
However, with the internet, everything is connected. Especially when it comes to services like WhatsApp. Everyone can make international calls for free as long as they have a reasonably priced data plan.
Here’s how to use WhatsApp to make international calls (Android and iOS).
- Locate the WhatsApp contact you wish to contact.
- The voice and video call icon can be found in the upper right corner. Choose whichever you want to touch.
- The phone will then begin to ring. After that, users can toggle between sound and video at any time by tapping the audio icon.
- By touching the microphone button, users can also mute themselves.
What is the best way to make a free international call on WhatsApp? (desktop app)
First and foremost, we should emphasize that this is for the desktop app, not the web app. WhatsApp Web does not support phone calls.
- Navigate to the contact you want to call in the desktop app. You’ll notice phone and video icons in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the one you want to use by clicking on it. If you’re using the call function for the first time, your computer will request access to your camera and microphone.
- The phone or video icon will begin to ring once you click it.
- Even if you selected the phone icon, you can easily change it to a video call by clicking the video icon on the far left.
- You can mute yourself by clicking the microphone button.
How do you cut the amount of internet data used for each call?
- Navigate to Settings—>Storage and Data on the mobile app. Toggle the Use Less Data for Calls option. When you make WhatsApp phone calls, the amount of data used from your internet plan will be reduced.
However, the call quality may suffer slightly as a result.
WhatsApp calls are completely free. The only true “cost” is the amount of data taken from your monthly internet data plan. This is not an issue if you have an unlimited data plan.
When making international WhatsApp calls, there are a few things to keep in mind. To begin, make sure you are aware of the time difference between your country and the country you are speaking with. Do not call in the middle of the night or early in the morning.