Your iPhone will automatically set the right time zone based on your location, but you can change it manually by typing the name of your city. Here’s how you can do it.
How to Set the Time Zone on an iPhone Manually
- To manually set a time zone on your iPhone, first turn off the automated date and time feature.
- To do so, simply open your phone’s Settings app. Tap “General” in the Settings menu.
- Tap “Date & Time” on the “General” screen.
- Turn off the “Set Automatically” option when the “Date & Time” page appears.
- If “Set Automatically” is grayed out, see the last section of this tutorial to figure out what to do.
- Select a new time zone by tapping the “Time Zone” option now that the automatic option has been removed.
- Type your city’s name in the text box at the top of the “Time Zone” page. The date and time for that city will be used by your iPhone.
- Tap your city when it appears in the list.
- You’ll be sent back to the “Date & Time” screen, where your iPhone will now display the time and date for the city you choose (time zone).
That’s all there is to set the time zone on an iPhone manually.
Why am I unable to disable the “Set Automatically” option?
If “Set Automatically” is grayed out and you can’t toggle it off, you’ll need to first disable Screen Time on your iPhone. The Screen Time function eliminates the need for users to manually set the time and date.
- To turn off Screen Time, go to your iPhone’s Settings and hit “Screen Time.”
- Tap “Turn Off Screen Time” at the bottom of the “Screen Time” page.
- To turn off Screen Time, press “Turn Off Screen Time” in the popup.