You can make certain images or photo albums private in your Facebook account if you don’t want others to see them. We’ll teach you how to accomplish it from both your desktop and your mobile phone.
When you adjust the privacy settings for your images, keep in mind that your cover photo and profile photo will always be available to the public. You can untag yourself from a photo that was uploaded by another user, but you can’t adjust the photo’s visibility.
Only the user who created the photo album can adjust the album’s privacy settings. You’ll also need to alter the album’s privacy settings to conceal your photo if it was posted as part of an album.
Hide a Photo on Facebook
Follow these parts if you want to make a specific photo in your profile private.
Make a Photo Private on Desktop
- Open a web browser on your desktop computer and go to the Facebook website. If you haven’t already, sign in to your account.
- To access your profile, click your name in the top-right corner of Facebook.
- Click “Photos” in the tab list beneath your name on the profile page.
- Select “Your Photos” from the “Photos” tab.
- Choose the photo you want to keep private. When your photo has fully loaded, click the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Select “Edit Post Audience” from the menu that appears.
- You can pick who can see your photo in the “Select Audience” section. Choose “Only Me” if you want to keep your photo hidden from everyone.
You’re done. Facebook will immediately make your photo private.
On a mobile device, you can make a picture private.
- To hide images from your phone, open the Facebook app on your phone first.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the Facebook app. These lines can be found in the bottom-right corner of an iPhone or iPad. These lines appear in the top-right corner of Android.
- Tap your profile on the “Menu” page.
- Scroll down to “Photos” on your profile page.
- On the photos page, at the top, tap “Uploads.”
- Choose the photo you want to hide. Then hit the three dots in the top-right corner of the photo.
- Select “Edit Post Privacy” from the menu that appears.
- To see all possible settings, hit “See More” on the “Edit Privacy” screen. Then decide who will be able to see your photo. Choose “Only Me” to hide your photo from everyone else.
- You don’t have to do anything because Facebook saves your modifications automatically.
- It’s simple to remove images from your Facebook profile if you don’t want them there.
Make a Photo Album Invisible
In your Facebook account, you may also make entire photo albums private. Here’s how to do it on your computer and mobile device.
Make a Desktop Album Invisible
- If you’re using a desktop computer, open a web browser and go to the Facebook website. If you haven’t already, log in to your account.
- Click your profile name in the top-right area of Facebook.
- Click “Photos” in the tab list at the top of your profile page.
- Select “Albums” from the “Photos” screen.
- Find the photo album you want to hide under the “Albums” tab. Then, in the top-right corner of that album, click the three dots.
- Select “Edit Album” from the three-dot menu.
- Click the current audience in the left column, beneath “Edit Album.”
- Choose who can see your photo album in the “Select Audience” window. Select “Only Me” to make the album invisible to everyone.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the left sidebar to return to the “Edit Album” page.
- On Facebook, your chosen photo album is now hidden from everyone. You can also hide your Facebook posts if you want.
Make a Mobile Album Invisible
- To make a photo album private from your smartphone, first open the Facebook app.
- Select the three horizontal lines in the Facebook app. These lines can be found in the bottom-right corner of an iPhone or iPad. These lines show in the top-right corner of Android.
- Select your profile from the “Menu” tab.
- Select “Photos” from the drop-down menu on your profile page.
- Tap “Albums” at the top of the photographs page.
- To conceal a photo album, choose it. Then tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the album page.
- “Edit” is the option to choose.
- Tap your album’s current audience.
- Select who can view your photo album on the “Edit Privacy” tab. Tap “Only Me” to make the album private to you. Then return to the previous page and hit “Done.”