Following the announcement of the placement of nearly 1.2 million students who took their KCPE in March this year, some parents and students were unsatisfied with the placement.
Candidates were assigned to 38,797 national schools, 214,960 extra county schools, 258,456 county schools, 726,311 sub-county schools, and 2,045 special needs schools.
Candidates for the 2021 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) who are dissatisfied with their placement of secondary school can now request readmission to their preferred institutions.
It’s worth noting that applying for a change of form one placement is done fully online.
To apply for a change of form one placement, follow the simple steps outlined below.
- The parent or guardian should request the student’s preferred school, requesting that the student be transferred to that school. Depending on the available (unfilled) slots, the school will then shortlist and merit all students on the waiting (request) list, and choose which students they would want to accept.
- The school will enter the details of the selected candidates from their waiting list into the National Education Management System, NEMIS –MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, and request that the Ministry enroll them in the new school.
- School requests will be approved at various stages, based on the category of the school. National, Extra County, and County schools will be approved by the Ministry’s Head Office, Regional Coordinators, and County Directors, respectively.
Following approval, the learner will be moved from the first school’s selection list to the most recent (new) school’s selection list.
The parent or guardian will next go online and print the new school’s admittance letter.
How to Check Selected Secondary School by SMS Code
Follow the procedures below to check secondary schools:
- Take a note of your child’s KCSE INDEX NUMBER.
- Create a text and send it to 22263 with the index.
- You will receive an SMS NOTIFICATION with the full names of the schools to which your student has been accepted.
- Please keep in mind that sending an SMS will cost you 25 shillings each time you do so. 22263 is the recipient’s code, and it works across all networks (Safaricom, Airtel, and Telkom).
- Bear in mind that after sending an SMS to the provided code, it will take some time before you get the results.
How to Download Form One Admission Letter Online
Follow the steps below to get your form one admission letter through the internet:
- Go to the Ministry of Education’s official website and look up Form One Selection.
- Select the school you want to join by clicking on it (National, Extra, or County School)
- Enter your Index Number after selecting the county and sub-county where you took your KCPE Exams.
- Click the Submit button.
- Click ADMISSION LETTER at the bottom of the page.
- Print after downloading to your computer.
- Take your admission letter to your Head Teacher for a seal of approval.