It’s no secret that social media isn’t always healthy for people’s mental health. Instagram allows you to hide Like counts on every post you share in the app to combat some of the negative effects of social media.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Select the “hamburger” option on the top right of your Instagram profile page and then the “Settings” link.
- Choose the “Privacy” option.
- Choose “Posts” from the drop-down menu.
- Turn “Hide Like and View Counts” on, and you’re done!
How to Remove Instagram Like Counts from Your Posts
- You can also conceal the Like count on your own post on Instagram , but only on a per-post basis. Only you, and no one else, will be able to view the true Like count of the post once it has been hidden.
- Find the post you’d like to conceal the likes count for and press the three-dot menu symbol in the top-right corner.
- Tap the “Hide Like Count” option from the pop-up menu.
- The Like counter will be disabled immediately. To see the genuine Like count, tap the “Others” option.
- Only you will be able to see the Like count.
When creating a new post, you can also hide the Like count. Tap the “Advanced Settings” button at the bottom of the page when writing the caption.
Toggle on the option to “Hide Like and View Counts on This Post.”
After the post is published, you can still use the menu to unhide the Like count.