You should always read the fine print before paying for any subscription service, not just Spotify Premium. Two of the most significant concerns when establishing a subscription are how long you will be subscribing for and how you will pay for it throughout. Knowing how to change your payment method is an important element of effectively managing your Spotify Premium subscription.
How to change your Spotify payment method or plan
You’ll need to use an internet browser on your Mac, PC, iPhone, or Android to achieve this; the desktop or mobile apps won’t work.
- Go to https://www.spotify.com/us/ in your selected browser. If you haven’t already done so, click “Log In” in the top-right corner.
- Once you’ve logged in, go to the top-right corner and click the Profile symbol (it looks like a silhouette of someone’s head and shoulders), then select “Account” from the menu that displays.
- Scroll down until you find the “Your Plan” section, which allows you to upgrade your Spotify plan or update your payment details. To change your payment method, click “Update,” or to change your payment plan, click “Change Plan.”
- Clicking “Change Plan” will take you to a screen that outlines the various Spotify payment plans. To return to free, ad-supported streaming, click “Cancel Premium” at the bottom. Otherwise, select the new plan you want by clicking “Select” next to it.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm that you’re serious about switching. If you apply for the Student plan, you’ll also need to enter the name and email address of your university.
Your payment will change as a result of this. The adjusted amount will be charged on your next billing day.