Are you having a rough time figuring out how to connect your Airpods with Windows 10 and Windows 11? True, the connection is not that straightforward since the Airpods are specifically meant to function with Apple gadgets. Don’t lose your hopes yet, as the same procedure used on Apple gadgets (iPhones, iPads, and other Macs) can also be achieved on other platforms, only that you have to figure your way out.
In this article, we present you with ways how you can connect your AirPods with your Windows computer
- Your Airpods should be charged in their packaging.
- Bluetooth enabled Windows 10 or 11 Computer
On Windows 10
- Open the Settings and Devices menus in Windows 10
- Go to the Device and Others menu, click Add Bluetooth device, then Bluetooth.
- Take your AirPods box, open it, and press the little button on the rear for a few seconds until the indicator light flashes white.
- Your AirPods should show up in the list of Bluetooth devices to connect on Windows.
- Click Connect after selecting the name of your Airpods on the presented list.
- Your AirPods are now connected to your computer.
On Windows 11
The technique in Windows 11 is very similar to that in Windows 10. Remember to charge your headphones in their case first, and then navigate to Settings on your Windows 11 PC. The option “Bluetooth and Devices” is located in the left column. Click on it.
You can click the huge button “+ Add Device” once you’re in the Bluetooth and device menu. A little window will pop up, prompting you to select the device you want to add. “Bluetooth, mice, keyboards, pens, audio devices, controllers, and others” is the first choice.
Your Windows 11 PC will then look for Bluetooth devices in the area. It’s time to let your computer know about your AirPods. Open the case cover — with the headphones inside — and push the pairing button on the back of the case for a few seconds until the indicator light on the front flashes white, as it does on Windows 10.
The list of nearby Bluetooth devices on your Windows 11 PC should update, and the name of your AirPods should display. All you have to do now is click it to utilize the AirPods as wireless headphones on your Windows PC.
AirPods will also appear in the Bluetooth and Devices menu in Windows 11 Settings, even if they are not connected. If you want to force the connection, it is a nice way.
On windows 10 and lower versions
Airpods are generally Bluetooth headphones that depend on wireless connectivity; thus, any device with a Bluetooth-enabled network card can also serve Airpods very well. However, keep in mind that not all stationary PCs support Bluetooth. For this particular case, a good solution would be equipping your device with a network adapter such as a Bluetooth dongle to your advantage