When you Factory Reset an Android Phone or Tablet, all of its data and settings are erased, and it returns to the original Factory Default state that it was in when you originally purchased your device.
When an Android Phone or Tablet restarts after a successful Factory Reset, it will display the Setup screen, prompting you to configure your device.
Samsung Android Phone Factory Reset
If you have a Samsung Galaxy Phone, you can reset it via the “General Management” Settings screen.
- Navigate to Settings > General Management > Reset.
- Select the Factory Data Reset option on the Reset screen.
- On the following screen, you will see a comprehensive list of all the data that will be deleted from your device. If you agree, scroll down and press the Reset button.
- Wait patiently for the Factory Reset process to complete, after which your phone will boot up to the Setup screen.
Using Settings, Factory Reset a Stock Android Phone
The Reset option on standard Android phones is normally accessible from the “Accounts & Backup” menu.
- Go to Settings > scroll down and select Backup & Reset.
- Select the Factory Data Reset option on the next screen.
- When you choose Factory Data Reset, you will be directed to the following screen, which informs you that the data on your device will be erased if you continue.
- To confirm, select Reset > when prompted, input your Lock Screen Passcode > on the next screen, and touch the Erase Everything button.
Remotely Reset an Android Phone
If you have misplaced or lost your Android Phone, you can remotely execute a Factory Reset on your lost Android Device to fully remove all data from your lost device.
- Visit Google’s Find My Device site on a computer, tablet, or another smartphone and sign in with the Gmail account and password associated with your Android phone or tablet.
- Once logged in, wait for Android Device Manager to locate your Android device before selecting the Erase Device option.
- On the next screen, click on Erase Device button to start the Factory Reset process on your Android Phone or Tablet.
Note: If your device is not connected to the internet, the Factory Reset will not be conducted immediately; instead, it will be completed after your device is connected to the internet.