“We are excited to introduce enhanced BlackBerry service plans that offer a distinct customer experience ensuring that customers’ usage needs and requirements are taken into consideration,” said Mapula Bodibe, General Manager Consumer Segments at MTN SA.
According to the firm, as a result of the introduction of the new attractive service plans, the [capped] BlackBerry Absolute Plan that introduced in March this year will be phased out.
MTN’s new range of BlackBerry Service $6 (R59) plans are as follows:
• BlackBerry Internet Service for per month (all services included)
• BlackBerry Internet Service Lite at $4.1per month (all services included, with a 200MB cap)
• BlackBerry Messaging, which includes access to BBM and 1 Web-based email, with an increased cap from 10MB to 30MB at $1.5 (R14.95) per month
• BlackBerry Social, which includes access to BBM, BlackBerry Email, Browser, BlackBerry World and Social Networking, with an increased cap from 10MB to 40MB at $2 (R19.95) per month
• BlackBerry Social and Email, which includes access to BBM, BlackBerry Email, Browser, BlackBerry World, Social Networking and 1 Web-based Email Account, with an increased cap from 25MB to 100MB at $3 R29.95 per month.