Looks like there will be stiff competition in the mobile device market this year, thanks to the mobile world congress. Huawei has shown off a new smartphone two new tablets a mifi router and its first wearable device.
- Ascend G6 comes has a 4.5 inch screen and a 5-megapixel camera. The 1.2Ghz powered processor phone is 7.85mm thick, weighs 115g and comes in a 7.5mm 3G version. The phone will be available next month as a 3G and in April for the LTE version.
- MediaPad X1, it runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and is powered by a Kirin 910 1.6 GHz quad-core processor. The camera is a 13MP Sony Exmor R BSI rear-facing model that has a five plastic elements (5P) lens featuring panoramic shooting and an IMAGESmart engine with auto-scene recognition.
- The tablet also comes with a 5-megapixel front facing camera.
- The TalkBand B1, a wearable device, connects to the MediaPad X1 on bluetooth and offers a small screen and the ability to make voice calls. It also includes a range of personal fitness monitors.
- The MediaPad M1 comes with an 8-inch 800 x 1280 HD IPS multi-touch capacitive screen, with Huawei SWS technology, dual front-facing speakers and dual microphones.
- A new Mi-Fi router that supports LTE-A connectivitity.