Dimension Data has launched Enterprise Mobility-as-a-Service (EMaaS), signalling its intent to provide a suite of cloud-based end-user computing services on a global basis.
EMaaS establishes the platform for the Group’s future initiatives that will see Dimension Data announce increased functionality and feature sets that assist enterprise clients to deal with their rapidly changing end user computing requirements.
The service, which utilizes a cloud-based consumption model, enables organizations to rapidly scale deployments while easily managing the complex environment of mobile devices, data access and expense management.
Ettienne Reinecke, Dimension Data’s Group CTO and Group Executive, End-user Computing says: “The launch of EMaaS is an important step for Dimension Data as it marks the establishment of the platform that we will use to rapidly evolve to deliver enterprises with a suite of services that addresses their emerging user-centric end-user computing requirements.”
Reinecke says EMaaS was designed to address an immediate requirement of enterprise clients around mobile devices, smart devices and how to ensure these new devices can be incorporated into their business in a rapid, yet controlled and secure way.
“EMaaS is an integral component of the Group’s combined strategy to support a truly user-centric computing model through our Cloud, Enterprise Mobility and End-user Computing groups,” he explains.
“In the bring-your-own-device environment of today’s enterprise, users want access to corporate information from any device, anytime, anywhere,” says Steve Nola, Group Executive ITaaS at Dimension Data. “EMaaS enables businesses to remove the cost and complexity from their mobility deployments while gaining visibility and control across the entirety of those deployments. With this service, mobile-enabled organizations will benefit from increased staff productivity, responsiveness and decision-making speed as well as rapid issue resolution and satisfaction for mobile workers.”
EMaaS provides enterprise clients with:
- An extensive policy framework and secure access to corporate information from any device, ensuring appropriate authentication and corporate governance adherence
- Rapid provisioning, automation and user self-service via the cloud-based principles
- The ability to upload corporate mobile invoices for analysis, enabling clients to gain insights into the costs associated with their mobility fleet
- Extensive reporting and analytical capabilities that deliver a comprehensive view across all enterprise mobility usage patterns
- Pay-for-use consumption pricing that benefits from the economies of scale delivered by cloud-based deployments
Dimension Data’s EMaaS is commercially available in the next half of this year via a self-service client portal that provides ease of management, rapid on-boarding and deployment.