The winning app was LIVE Inspect – an app designed to help speed up and improve the accuracy and ease of performing inspections on behalf of insurers.
“This year’s awards showed that the mobile developer talent pool in South Africa is increasing every year and the country can compete with the best in the world,” said Kanagaratnam Lambotharan, MTN SA Chief Enterprise Business Officer.
The 2014 MTN Business App of the Year award winners were:
- App of the year – LIVE Inspect
- Best iOS App (Consumer) – SuperSport
- Best iOS App (Enterprise) – SyncMobile
- Best Android App (Consumer) – My Belongings
- Best Android App (Enterprise) – LIVE Inspect
- Best App use of Microsoft Cloud Services – Vigo
- Best App for the Microsoft Platform – Zapper
- Best Garage Developer App – Rea Vaya
- Most Innovative App – Wildlife tracker
Commenting on the new app, Lambotharan said, “The App is designed to help insurance underwriters perform fast accurate vehicle inspections from the comfort of their smartphone. Details can be logged quickly in the straightforward interface and details like tax disc bar codes, drivers’ licences and photos of car damage can be captured using the phone’s camera.”