Johnson and Johnson invite Africa’s top entrepreneurs to participate in The Africa Innovation Challenge. This initiative aims to support Africa’s vibrant and growing ecosystem and help develop locally sustainable consumer health solutions. Startups across the continent will have an opportunity to showcase their innovative ideas to Africa and the rest of the world.
The challenge focuses on three critical health areas which are:
- Promoting early child development and maternal health
- Empowering young women
- Improving family well-being.
Participates with the best solution will receive up to $100 000 in funding and mentorship from Scientists, engineers and researchers in the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Research & Development organisation. Winners will also receive dedicated space at a lab facility in Africa throughout their product or service development, dependent on the needs of the solution submission. Award recipients will be announced in February 2017.
Applications from individuals, teams or companies from across Africa are eligible to apply for the challenge. The deadline to submit applications is 17 January 2017.
Evaluations will be based on the ability to meet the following criteria:
- Solution submission addresses at least one of the three challenge categories: Promoting Early Child Development & Maternal Health in Africa; Empowering Young Girls in Africa; Improving Family Well-being in Africa
- Submission is innovative and creative
- Submission is scale-able
- Submission outlines a commercialization plan and how the award would help the applicant reach a critical milestone within the time frame of a single year
To apply for the innovation challenge visit http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7967451-jnj-africa-innovation-challenge/