The GrowthAfrica Business Scaleup Acceleration Programme is still open for applications. The programme is designed to help young entrepreneurs scale their ventures, make them investment ready and develop leadership skills
The programme is looking for ambitious and committed entrepreneurs with high potential to grow, with a focus on high impact employment and income generating opportunities.
Here is what GrowthAfrica offers:
- Growth strategy: Led by experienced
facilitators,own designed proprietary process and learning methodology that leads to an increase in your revenue and profits
- Catalytic support: Get individualised and tailored business development support from growth catalysts who will walk you through and support you
inyour business journey
- Financial modelling: Build a financial model for your business growth and investment readiness
- Investment support: Receive support in identification of, access to and engagement with potential and relevant investors
- Peer-peer learning: Connect and benefit from peer-to-peer learning and networking with like-minded entrepreneurs
- Mentorship: You will have a personal executive mentor who will offer you advice and be your sounding board
- Leadership: Acquire tools to develop stronger entrepreneurial leadership
- Networking and partnerships opportunities with GrowthAfrica’s networks locally and internationally
Eligibility for the programme:
Applicants must be a for-profit, post-revenue business with an innovative product, service or methodology.
- Ready to scale the business
- Turnover of min 50,000 USD
- Existed for 2 years or more
- Dedicated Full time founding team consisting of at least 2 founders
- Full time and dedicated core team
- Open to raising external investment as part of your growth strategy
The accelerator is open to all sectors but are particularly skewed towards:
- IT/mobile solutions
- Financial services and Fintech
- Renewable energy
The programme’s first phase consists of 18 workshop days spread over a 6 months’ period. After each workshop, entrepreneurs will work in-company with the assistance of external business experts, GrowthAfrica growth catalysts and financial modelers.
The second phase of the programme involves 24 months of one-on-one support from the GrowthAfrica team, a pool of external business leaders and support by GrowthAfrica’s investment facilitation team.
The 2019 programme will commence in June 2019, after shortlisting of the entrepreneurs.