Google for Startups, CcHUB’s PitchdriveAsia tour kicks off Wednesday, August 21, 2019, with ten selected startups from across the continent.
The two-week tour will see the hardware and deep technology startups journey across five Asian cities in Japan, Singapore, South Korea, China and Hong Kong until September 8, 2019.
According to Damilola Teidi, Director of Incubation at CcHUB, “We find that there’s a lot of interest from Asia in Africa and we believe there are opportunities for collaboration that could help strengthen the hardware and deep tech ecosystem in Africa.”
The startups on tour include:
1. Casky, a Moroccan safety IoT device startups.
2. AC Group, a Rwandan smart transport solution company.
3. Gricd Frij, a cold chain technology for transportation of healthcare and agricultural produce.
4. Access Afya, a Kenyan primary healthcare social enterprise using technology to deliver affordable and effective health access.
5. LIFI-LED, an Ivorian energy startup providing electricity and internet connectivity to difficult-to-access communities.
6. Reliance HMO, a Nigerian startup that employs a consortium of tools to make health insurance accessible and affordable.
7. CHIL AI Lab a Ugandan startup leveraging AI to improve cancer diagnostic service.
8. taeillo, a Nigerian furniture and design company leveraging mixed reality to improve customer experience.
9. Tunisia’s Enova Robotics which specialises in mobile robot development for security purposes.
10. Flare, a Kenyan uber-like company that aggregates ambulance/emergency options for easy access.