The government had closed the Huduma Centre at the GPO due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. However, the Ministry of Public Service and Gender has announced that the GPO station will be opened from today. However, this time around the service will be different. The GPO Huduma Centre has introduced an appointment system.
Appointment means that Kenyans in the city are required to book a date before seeking the services of the GPO Centre.
According to the Ministry, the system would help to minimize human traffic and time spent on services.
There are a few things to note: you do not need an appointment to serve in the other 4 Huduma Centers in the City – only the GPO station is calling for the public to be informed of this development; you also do not need a reservation to be served in other centers across the country.
How to book an appointment
It’s quick to book a date at the GPO Centre.
- Go to hudumakenya.go.ke on your browser
- From the hamburger menu, pick Book appointments
- You will be asked to enter your credentials (ID as username and password) (ID as username and password)
- If you don’t have an account, you can create one in less than a minute.
- The system will give you an activation code.
- Log in and carry on making a booking. Other fields will be filled, so you only need to pick a service like the DL application and choose a service center (this case, it is GPO).
- Save the appointment and print out the paper.
Then attend in person according to the date assigned.