Lipa Na M-Pesa is a phone feature that allows your clients to pay for goods and services using the “Buy Goods and Services” option in the Safaricom M-Pesa menu. You can pay as little as Ksh 50 once to sort out the bills. It’s a vital tool for any businessman running a business.
A till number is a separate SIM card that is primarily designed to receive payments from your business. It has a unique number that is referred to as a till number, and you will receive an SMS notification once the customer sends the payments.
Some of the requirements you need to have are;
- Business registration documents or business authorizations
- KRA PIN
- National Identity Cards for all business partners
- Safaricom registered M-Shwari mobile number
Below is a step-by-step guide that will show you how to get a number for your business;
- Go to the SIM toolkit
Launch the scroll of your app list until you see this application. Click on the icon and move to the next step.
- Select the SIM you want to make the payment:
This step is only intended for those using dual SIM card gadgets.
- Select “M-Pesa”: a new window will appear comprising options like “Send Money,” “Withdraw Cash,” “Buy Airtime,”
- Hit “Lipa na M-Pesa”: is the second last option and will be visible on the menu.
- Choose “Buy Goods and Services”: Since you want to pay for goods or services provided, you should use this option.
- Enter the number till: This number is usually written somewhere visible on the counter. If you can’t see that, ask to avoid making the wrong transactions.
- Key in the amount: Please be careful not to enter incorrect aggregate.
- Enter your PIN and confirm the transaction: check if your business name is correct.
Customers can pay a minimum price of Ksh. 50 and up to a maximum of Ksh. 70,000 people. Call customer care immediately via 2134 and visit any Safaricom shop for a replacement, in case your till simcard is stolen. Your number is going to remain the same. What changes are made to the sim card.