Technology has enhanced many government projects to better the lives of Kenyans. Times are gone when you had to spot the yellow overall and start chasing the people in Nairobi City County. This article will guide you through the easy-to-use process of paying your parking fees in Nairobi using this new system.
The steps to pay for a parking space in the country’s capital remain the same, but under a new USSD code.
Below are steps you can register an account using the USSD code;
- Unlock the phone and dial *235#
- From the ePayment option list, choose the Option No. 1
- Pick No. 1 on Daily Parking.
- Add the number plate of your car
- Choose the location
- Then choose vehicle classification (private or commercial)
- Enter No. 1 to continue payment
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN to complete your payment
- You will receive a confirmation message
If you can’t pay using USSD code to pay but your mobile phone is able to access internet services, the following steps should be taken:
- Allow data to be used on your mobile phone or connect to a Wi-Fi connection if available.
- Go to your browser and search the Nairobi County portal, and click Self-Service.
- You can create an account or continue to make payments by clicking on Continue.
- When creating an account, you will need to provide the following details-full name, mobile number, email address, and password for future login.
- Click on the parking space and choose the service you need.
- You will be required to provide the location, type of vehicle, car registration number and your mobile number.
- For confirmation of payment, a payment fee will appear.
- Verify and continue making payments.
- A pop-up message will appear on your mobile device to direct you to enter your M-PESA PIN.
Note: Users will not make any payments on Saturdays from 2:00 p.m., on Sundays and on public holidays.