You only need to download the Tala app on your phone to access the loan, register, and then submit your loan application. No more proof of income, bank statements, references or paper contracts required. And within about five minutes, you’ll know immediately if your approval is granted or not.
Even though your initial loan limit may be as limited as Ksh 500, there is a high possibility of increasing the maximum amount of Ksh 50,000 by way of timely loan repayments.
How to download the Tala Loan App from Kenya.
Here are some of the steps to follow:
- Make sure that you have access to the Internet (have data bundles)
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your phone
- On the search bar, type ‘Tala Loan App.’ And you’ll see the app as the first one.
- Click on the button and tap on the INSTALL button.
- The app is going to download now.
- After a few minutes the app will be installed on your phone.
How to apply the Tala loan to Kenya;
- When you download and install the app, click the written button, I’m New followed by Create Account.
- Enter the Safaricom M-Pesa number and wait for the confirmation code.
- Please enter the confirmation code sent by Tala.
- Set your four-digit PIN from your Tala account. Ensure that you can easily recall a pin because if you enter a wrong pin several times, your account will be blocked for security purposes.
- Confirm your ideal PIN and then click the Submit button.
How to repay Tala’s loan using M-Pesa:
- Just go to your phone’s M-Pesa menu.
- Then choose option Lipa na M-Pesa and then choose Paybill.
- You will be asked to enter the paybill number. Official Tala Loan Payment Bill number-851900
- In the account number section, enter the mobile number you used to sign up with in Tala.
- The key to the amount of the loan you want to repay and enter your PIN to authorize the transaction.
- Confirm the amount as well as the recipient
- Shortly, you will receive a Text message from Tala verifying that you have repaid your loan.