2020 has been a tumultuous and trying year filled with hardships and losses for both businesses and marketing specialists alike, thanks in no small part to the pandemic that has its grips around the world. From temporary closures to workarounds imposed to curb the spread of the deadly and infectious virus, it’s affected and changed how many organizations operate. But now that things have settled down and adjustments have been made to today’s new normal, companies are looking forward to the coming year with eager anticipation. And to help get businesses to elevate their internet marketing strategies, here is a checklist to audit all facets of search engine optimization – from keyword research to hiring experts from the best Baltimore SEO companies – to maximize the chances of SEO success.
Conduct keyword research
Any business that wants to achieve success in online marketing needs to have excellent strategies in place that can elevate the visibility and increase inbound traffic through SEO. And laying the groundwork for the foundation of these practices begins with keyword research. These commonly used terms and phrases are how most users find what they need online, after all. And selecting the correct targeted words can make a big difference in a company’s ability to generate the awareness and exposure required to improve its conversion rate. Here are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to keyword research.
- Decide on the goals of the business. Deciding on the SEO objectives of a business is one of the most vital aspects of the ongoing strategy. Without any goals, it’s impossible to create a clear direction for the company’s search engine optimization efforts, including which keywords to use. So before committing, it’s a good idea to ask questions like which target audience the business is trying to appeal to, how they conduct their searches, what search tags they normally use, and who the competitors are. Doing so will improve the chances for the success of the endeavor, but it will also maximize the company’s returns.
- Determine the preliminary keywords through search suggestions. Whenever users type in words in the search box of a search engine, suggestions for several potential options are often displayed based on their respective popularity. And from here, it’s possible to determine and compile preliminary keywords that are the most relevant to the business.
- Prioritize the target phrases and terms to use. Once preliminary keywords have been compiled and their efficacy determined, the next step is to incorporate them with the existing SEO strategy by prioritizing them based on their search volume, relevance, and complexity. Keep in mind that the chosen keywords need to increase organic traffic but aren’t hard to secure.
- eCommerce marketing
Prioritize the target phrases and terms to use. Once preliminary keywords have been compiled and their efficacy determined, the next step is to incorporate them with the existing SEO strategy by prioritizing them based on their search volume, relevance, and complexity. Keep in mind that the chosen keywords need to increase organic traffic but aren’t hard to secure. Once keywords have been chosen, incorporating them into the structure and content of the site is key to increase rankings and visibility. This increase in visibility is important within eCommerce marketing when you want both your landing pages and product pages to be found be the relevant target audience and appear higher up within the SERPs.
An SEO strategy that is increasing in popularity is content marketing. And for a very good reason: not only does it offer users better value than sales pitches and spiels. But in doing so, it keeps them engaged and increases the chances for conversions as a result. However, there are a few things that need to be achieved to attain the desired outcome.
- Analyze the content gap. As its name suggests, the process is all about determining the gaps in the content on the website that remains to be filled by checking the availability of material on both the site and competitor web pages. By doing the research, a company will be able to figure out what kind of content it needs to reel in more visitors, be it blog posts, videos, or case studies.
- Produce quality content. Quantity may get a website noticed, but the quality is what’ll create engagement and help its ranking in the long-term. Regardless of the method of information delivery, the material posted must always be of high-quality to ensure that it attracts the target market and keeps them invested in the business.
Partner with SEO experts
Succeeding in search engine optimization rarely works without the assistance of trained experts. It requires not only a lot of time and effort but also a deep understanding of all its intricacies. And it’s for this reason that it’s more practical and sensible to invest in the services of a professional agency rather than allow the business to handle the task. And to find a good firm from the best Baltimore SEO companies, there are a few factors to consider.
- Industry experience. It’s a general rule of thumb always to check on the industry experience of the SEO agency before making a commitment. After all, strategies can differ based on the trade of a company. And the more knowledgeable the firm is in the business’ field, the better its chances of improving its online exposure.
- Performance. Anyone can make claims and promises which is why it’s never a good idea to simply take the agency’s word as gospel. Instead, always ask for samples of previous campaigns and case studies. A business will have a much better idea of the level of expertise of the firm by doing so.
- Explore all options. Cost will always be a factor when it comes to any business decision. And to keep expenditure at a minimum without making any major concessions, it’s always worth exploring all options before deciding on which agency to go for. Comparing the pricing models of the available SEO firms may seem like a lot of extra work now. However, it’ll help the company find much better deals and favorable terms.
- Check reviews. Apart from case studies, another way to determine the capability of an SEO agency is through client reviews. Businesses aren’t as objective as consumers, after all. And through testimonials and feedback, a company will have the insight that it needs to make an informed decision on which company to choose.
Attaining success in SEO is all about covering all of its important bases. And by auditing the checklist above with the assistance of the best Baltimore SEO companies, a business can step up its digital marketing efforts and give itself a much better chance at establishing brand recognition online than it would have otherwise.