Can I change my TikTok username? one of the real purposes of having a username is as part of your online security. Individuals consider their username as part of online personality, expressing a certain image they want to develop if it’s on Tiktok, a game, a social media network, a forum, a Slack chat workspace, and so forth. Nobody’s going to see your TikTok videos if you’re not using an appropriate username. After all, they’re not going to have a way to find you among the millions who use the app.
Steps to go through to change your name
- To get started, launch the TikTok app on your smartphone or tablet and sign in to your account.
- Go to your profile page and tap Edit Profile to change the name of your login.
- You should see a choice on the profile page, i.e., Edit your profile.
- It’s going to be at the center of the profile page in the reddish box. Tap it to edit your profile credential, such as username, email, etc.
- Enter the user name you want as a text, then save the changes you’ve made.
Most important fact to note before changing the TikTok username is that the username can be changed once a month. So, if you change your username for trial purposes, you’ll have to wait at least one month. One may want to take further steps to secure your TikTok account afterwards, such as enabling two-factor authentication on your profile. It will help to prevent your account from being hacked or stolen in the future.