Airtel is the second-best mobile network operator after Safaricom. The issue with Airtel in Kenya has always been the inadequacy of airtime. Airtel is identified to be cheaper in terms of voice and data. The mobile network has made it much easier for subscribers to purchase both prepaid and post-paid airtime from mpesa, making it easier to purchase airtime anyplace or at any moment.
STEPS TO BUY AIRTEL AIRTIME FROM THE MPESA ACCOUNT
- Go to the menu of the M-Pesa
- Choose the Lipa na M-pesa
- Now go pay bill
- Enter Business Number 220220
- Fill account number. AIRTXXXXXXXX (Where XXXXXX is your Airtel Mobile number)
- Enter the amount you want
- Enter the mpesa pin, then send it
Verify that your transaction has gone through Pesapal, the company associated with the payment bill number 220220. You will receive an automated text from M-Pesa and, confirmation from Airtel with a confirmation message from CHAPCHAP confirming your successful recharging of the airtime. You can make phone calls and do whatever it is you want to do with your Airtel airtime right now.