Data storage on your Mac is essential determines how many applications, files, pictures, and video clips your computer can hold locally. If you run into the upper limit, your Mac might not perform as well as you might have hoped. Here’s how to check your Mac’s internal storage size.
- Click the “Apple” logo in the top left corner of the screen.
- From the menu, select “About this Mac”
- Tap the “Store” button in the window that appears.
- Once the “Storage” display loads, you will be seeing a list of your internal drives and the capacity of each drive.
- You’ll also see how much free disk space you have on each drive, just below the name of each drive.
- Close the System Information window when you’re done.
If what you noticed in your search was stressful, it is possible to improve the size of internal storage on some MacBook and desktop Macs by installing a new larger SSD or hard disk. Or if you’re tight on storage space, you can free up space on your internal drive.