A large number of people are staying indoors, the demand for good video call apps has increased. This is the main reason why apps like WhatsApp, Google Meet, and Zoom have recently seen higher percentages of engagement than ever before. Video calls have became more important in 2020 as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, so this step is important for the Telegram app and is expected to contribute to an increase in the number of users in the coming period. The video call feature allows users to make one-to-one video calls protected by end-to-end encryption for secure calls.
How to make video calls on Android and iPhone phones in Telegram?
Here’s how to use the new video call feature of Telegram on Android and iPhone phones:
- All you need to do is install the latest version of the application that has the number 7.0.0 to make video calls through the Telegram app.
- Users also need to ensure that the contacts one want to connect with have updated their application as well.
- Once the app has been updated to your phone, launch it and choose the contact you want to communicate via video.
- Click on the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click the option Video call.
- The video call will start between you and the person you want to talk to, and you can stop the video at any time without terminating the call.
To make sure that your call is protected by end-to-end encryption, you can compare the four emojis that appear at the top of your screen and the contact you communicate with via video if they match your call is 100% protected.