A clipboard on an Android device is a small storage or memory area that is used to store small items. This is not an application, so it cannot be opened or directly accessed by the user. The clipboard is also known as the Pasteboard. There is a special location in the computer memory for storing data temporarily for use from one document to another. We’re going to talk about how to access the clipboard.
The clipboard can store any kind of data or information. It could be a text, a photo, a file, or a picture of any kind. One can easily copy the data using the Copy option and paste the data into any document you want using the Paste option.
There are a number of ways to access the clipboard on your device:
How to access the Word Clipboard
- You need to click the Home tab. This tab is placed on the right corner of the top document.
- There’s a tiny box with an arrow pointing out of it. You’ve got to click a tiny box. This icon is placed on the right corner of the bottom of the clipboard.
- A new Window of the clipboard will pop up. If one copys something to Word, a list of recently copied words or letters will appear. The list will display the copied list in decreasing order.
- The text and image will be copied from anywhere when you open the clipboard.
Copy and paste capability is a basic and easy-to-use feature of any Android smartphone or tablet. However, if you want to take it to the next level, take full advantage of the clipboard feature to find all you’ve copied.
For the purposes of this guide, we’re going to focus on using a keyboard app clipboard. This method is going to work on any Android device.
- You’re going to have to use a keyboard app with a clipboard feature. Google’s Gboard and Microsoft’s SwiftKey are two popular choices.
- Please have your keyboard installed and set up
- First, copy a text or a link.
- Just go to app that you want to paste what you’ve copied, and click the text box to bring up your keyboard. Find the clipboard icon in the top toolbar.
- It will launch the clipboard, and you will see the lately copied item in front of the list. Just click any of the options in the clipboard to paste it into the text field.
- Android doesn’t save the clipboard items forever. For a while, the oldest clipboard objects will be deleted. All these Gboard and SwiftKey enable you to pin items to the clipboard to help avoid them from being deleted after an hour. It can be done by pressing the item for a long time and choosing the “Pin” opt
If you find yourself copying and pasting a number of things on Android, the clipboard is an invaluable tool. You can copy a bunch of things at once and then paste them independently without jumping right and backwards.