M post works on making access to postal services an easy-going process whereby you can enjoy the services in the office, via mobile phone, or at home without having to go to the postal office anytime you want to use the post office services. Anyone willing to have an address does not necessarily need to have a physical address. Upon registration you are allowed to change your personal details anytime you wish to.
You can access Mpost through the following ways:
- Mobile phone after downloading the app from the play store and using Mpost from there.
- Using the USSD code*890*90 which requires you to use your Safaricom number.
- Web which is more flexible since it only requires you to register online and henceforth use M Post from any gadget.
Mpost entails of the following features:
- Having your personal postal address which requires you to provide your number to acquire one.
- Punctuality whereby you get a chance to receive your mail when you want it without having to wait for long hours.
- A notification that is sent to your phone once you receive a mail. There is confidentiality as your mail is at all times secure from arrival time to the moment you receive it.
- Pocket friendly whereby at a fee cost of Ksh 300 you are assured of the best service which lasts up to one year.
- Once you receive a mail, it is delivered from your post office to your location. A third party can pick a mail for you without having to be there personally.
Mpost works in a way that:
- You can select your preferable post office where you can get all the postal services that you need.
- A notification is sent to your phone once you receive a mail or a parcel. Notification is also sent when there is a need for you to renew your annual subscription. The notifications for renewal are sent in a sequence whereby the first notification is sent one month before expiry, one week before expiry, and the last a day before expiry.
- Delivery method is a choice you can make where you can opt for delivery or going to pick it yourself. Duration for delivery is within 24 hrs.
Mpost is a better choice in that:
You can use your phone number to be your address.
It ensures privacy as there is no sharing of boxes with others.
At only Ksh 300 you get a chance to enjoy postal services for a whole year.
Accessible to everyone who needs it since the only required qualification to have a personal postal address is your phone number.
During the renewal of the subscription you are required to:
- Head over to the Mpesa menu and select pay bill.
- Enter Mpesa business number which is 506500
- Provide your mobile number to be the account number
- Add the Ksh 300 as the amount for renewal of the subscription.
- Provide your Mpesa Pin number as you confirm the details entered are correct.
- A confirmation message that the payment has been made.
Mpost is for everyone who is need of a postal address.