Pawame purposes to create financial empowerment for Sub-Saharan Africa at large by providing energy access as a gateway. A Home Solar System is provided at very affordable prices which every household can afford. You do not have to pay the full amount during the installation. Daily payments are agreed to once a small down payment is made. Individuals’ lives and the community at large have been transformed by Pawame. Other than being reasonably priced it is long-lasting as well.
The Pawame Home Solar System values.
- Economical and clean compared to other sources of energy like Kerosene fuel lighting or other alternative sources.
- Guaranteed service provision is there during the subscription period. No fuel is needed for lighting.
- The Solar kit system is designed and engineered in Germany. A 3-year warranty is offered thus giving an assurance that it’s long-lasting even after.
How Pawame delivers.
Once a client is in need of Pawame̓s services they are required to request and purchase the Solar home system. The customer is asked to make a small down payment. This down payment, should be inclusive of the installation fee.
Monitoring of the consumers’ payment progress is checked. The client is required to make payments on a daily basis for 18-24 months. Mobile money transfer is applicable.
Pawame aims at building the best customer relationship. It is by providing other PAYG electrical, financial and digital products services that this relationship is built.
Impacts made by Pawame.
- Pawame has enabled energy to be affordable and accessible for everyone. The small down payment and daily reasonable prices make it accessible for most households.
- Rural communities also benefit from Pawame. This is whereby Pawame reaches to the underserved people, pushing boundaries in order for everyone to be served. Business people in the rural areas can conduct their businesses even during night time. More income is earned thus better sustainable living.
- Interaction with the customers is highly recommendable. The first interaction occurs with a sales agent. Until the moment that the technician does the installation, a rapport is always being created with the clients.
Apart from engaging with the clients during the agreement and payment, Pawame empowers the customers. Once a customer proves that they are responsible payers, a good history is created for them. Smartphones, solar water pumps, and educational loans are offered. All this is done to empower the community at large financially with digital connectivity as well which was not there before.
Pawame has gained a lot of recognition for its empowerment of many individuals. They have partnered with partners like Biolite, EEP Africa, SNV, Proud Member of GOGLA, TRINE, fosera, etc. Financial Sustainability is the focus for Pawame.