Are you interested in creating a PayPal account in Kenya?
PayPal Kenya has brought ease and safety to the world of online shopping and allows you to send money online. These days PayPal is a universal method used for online payments and, fortunately, it is no longer necessary to have a credit card to operate a PayPal account.
It is the easiest and safest way to make transactions because it allows payments without exposing your PayPal business debit MasterCard details to the seller. In a country where there is an increase in the number of people working online, having a PayPal account is a necessity when it comes to receiving payment online.
How to open a PayPal account in Kenya
- Visit PayPal.com on computer.
- Choose the Type of Account (Personal or Business)
- Enter your personal information
- Activate the account via Email
- Link your debit card or credit card
- Use PayPal to send and receive the money within Kenya or anywhere around the world.
It is easy to open a PayPal account, now let’s explore the above steps in detail.
Step 1: Signing up for PayPal Account
First, you must go to the PayPal site ( www.paypal.com ). When you get to the platform, it will automatically redirect to https://www.paypal.com/ke/home because they have a Geolocation feature that will automatically detect your location.
This is because they have different policies and terms and conditions for different regions and countries, but that should not matter in any way. Registration is free, and you have nothing to lose!
As you can see, the country is pre-selected for you, and the language defaults to English, and you may wish to change these according to your language. Then you have a choice between an Individual account and a business account.
I will always recommend that you opt for the individual account at this time. There is still room for upgrading to a business account later on. Here is a brief overview of the two types of accounts. For those who are into cryptocurrencies you will need a BTC to USD online convertor to start using PayPal.
Step 2: PayPal Kenya Account Activation
After you have completed the initial process, you must activate the account you created. To do this, go to the email inbox. PayPal will send an activation email to the email address you provided during registration with a link. Check for an email with the subject: “Welcome to PayPal.”
Step 3: Linking your Card With PayPal
By linking your credit or debit card, you are charged a small fee. The amount is refunded to your account after your card has been checked. You can use any card from your bank, but first, it is recommended to inquire from the bank to know the process.
Withdrawing from PayPal to Mpesa
- This is where it all starts; open the PayPal-M-Pesa portal here
- Tap on the GET STARTED button that will redirect you to log in
- Log In with your PayPal credentials
- Give the service access to your PayPal account by clicking on AGREE on the popup menu
- Add your M-Pesa phone number, and you will receive a verification code that you will use to LINK YOUR ACCOUNT
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw from your PayPal account in USD.
- You will be redirected to a page showing the amount to be received in KES, the exchange rate used for the currency conversion, and the estimated transaction processing time.
- Confirm and complete the withdrawal of money.
- You will have to access this portal every time you want to withdraw money from your PayPal account, and there’s no other way.
Have you ever used PayPal? how was your experience?