We’ll look at how to download and use FaceTime on Android and PC in this article.
FaceTime is available for Android and PC.
True, you can use your Android or PC to FaceTime with your buddies, yes, with your camera turned on and some FaceTime effects. However, there is always a catch. Before you start utilizing FaceTime on your Android or PC, there are a few things you should know:
- As of currently, there is no standalone FaceTime app for Android or PC (very unlikely to happen in the future as well).
- Neither Android nor PC may be used to create a FaceTime account.
- A FaceTime call cannot be initiated from a PC or Android device.
- Someone who uses FaceTime on their iPhone, iPad, or Mac should invite you to join their call so you can begin utilizing FaceTime on your Android or PC.
- Only iOS 15 and higher support FaceTime link-sharing.
With these, it’s evident that Apple isn’t delivering FaceTime to Android or PC in its entirety. The nicest thing is that a FaceTime call can be joined from any device. You no longer need an Apple device to communicate with your friends.
ON IPHONE / IPAD / MAC:
- On your Apple device, whether it’s an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, open the FaceTime app.
- Tap the “Create Link” button at the bottom of the FaceTime home screen.
- You may now name the video chat room by tapping the “Add Name” tab on the share sheet. When you’re finished, press OK.
- Now copy or share the link with anyone you’d like to join the FaceTime call with. You are free to email it to whomever you choose. They can join instantly using the FaceTime app if they have an iPhone or iPad. Non-Apple users can join your FaceTime call from any browser using the link.
ON ANDROID / PC:
This is what you should do if you are on an Android or PC and have received an invite link to join a FaceTime call. FaceTime’s Apple-devices-only restriction has been lifted, allowing you to simply join FaceTime using an Android or PC.
- Simply visit the link using any browser on your Android or PC. When the page loads, it will ask for your name; type it in and click the Continue option.
- Give the website permission to use your camera and microphone now.
- To join the video chat, click the green “Join” button. You’ll have to wait until the FaceTime video chat’s host allows you to join.
Take a peek at the screenshots below if you’re using Android instead of a PC:
- Once you’ve logged in, you may quickly select the camera, microphone, and grid modes. It also allows you to share the URL with others.
- That’s it. Once they add you to the FaceTime call, that’s it. You’ve just joined FaceTime on your Android, PC, or other devices. Without possessing an Apple device, anyone can join a FaceTime video call via a link. As a result, you may now enjoy FaceTime’s improved video quality on any phone or computer you own.