On Twitter, anyone can @Mention you in their tweets. When someone mentions you on Twitter, your followers may be notified. If someone @ mentions you in inappropriate tweets or comments, this becomes a problem. There was no mechanism to delete a mention on Twitter at the time, but that will change soon.
You may quickly remove a mention on Twitter from a tweet when someone mentions you on Twitter. Both the web and mobile apps can be used to delete the Twitter mention. Let’s have a look at how.
- Using a web browser or the Twitter app on your iPhone or Android phone, open the tweet in which you are referenced.
- You may receive a notification that reads, “You’ve been referenced in this tweet.” To delete the Twitter mention from the tweet, tap the “Unmention Yourself” button below.
- If you don’t see a message or a button to remove the tweet’s mention, try this. In the top-right corner of the tweet card, tap the three-dots menu button.
- Tap the “Unmention oneself from this conversation” option from the menu.
- When you remove a Twitter mention from a tweet, you can quickly undo it by tapping “Undo” on the message that appears on your screen.
So, what if you can’t seem to find a way to remove yourself from a Tweet on Twitter? Here’s our response. The ability to delete a mention on Twitter is now being rolled out to a large number of people, so it may take some time until you get it.
Let’s say you’re fortunate enough to be able to unmention yourself on Twitter. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait for the feature to be available on your Twitter account. There is no other way to get rid of a Twitter mention. One method is to send a direct message to the person asking them to delete the @mention from their tweet.