You may not want to share your WiFi password with others on occasion. There are a few ways to share Wifi passwords without revealing them, one of them is to use QR codes. All you have to do now is create a QR code for your WiFi password, which users may scan to access to your network. I’ll show you three different ways to make a QR code for your WiFi password in this article.
How to Make a QR Code for Your Wi-Fi Password
QR codes for WiFi passwords can be generated using a variety of websites and software. I’ve compiled a list of the top tools for creating QR codes, all of which are entirely free to use.
QiFi QR Code Generator
Using your network’s SSID and password, you may create QR codes on this page. This code can be shared with anyone and they will be able to connect to your network. Here’s how to use the QiFi website to make a QR code:
- Using any web browser, go to the qifi.org homepage.
- Enter the SSID, encryption type, and password for your WiFi connection.
- When you click Generate, the QR code will appear underneath it.
- That is all there is to it. This code can now be exported and shared with others so that they can join your network. You can even print it out if you want to.
These details may be stated on your modem/router or in the first documentation that arrived with your Internet subscription if you didn’t set up the network yourself. You can check your password on a PC or Mac if you’re not sure where to look. You’ll also need to know whether the password is encrypted with WPA, WPA2, or WEP. You can also contact your internet service provider’s customer care.
QR Code Generator
It is another web-based tool that lets you create QR code for WiFi password. Here’s how to make a QR code with this website:
- Select WiFi QR code from home on the QR code generator website, or go directly to this URL: https://www.qr-code-generator.com/solutions/wifi-qr-code/
- Enter your Network Name, Password, and Encryption Type as in the previous way.
- Select Generate QR Code from the drop-down menu. That is all there is to it.
You’ll see a QR code for your WiFi password, which you may save as a JPG or Vector file by clicking the appropriate buttons.
Another website that allows you to make QR codes for a variety of services such as website URLs, YouTube videos, Instagram, email addresses, and WiFi passwords is this one. Here’s how to make a QR code with this website:
- Go to qrstuff.com and click on the WiFi Login option.
- Next, type in the SSID or Network Name, the password, and the network type.
- After that, you can alter the QR code’s style, resolution, and file type.
- In the next step, you can also upload your company logo.
- To get the QR code, go to Download QR Code. You can also print it or email it to someone.
WiFi QR Code Generator App
If you don’t want to utilize these websites or web-based software, you can download the WiFi QR code generating app for Android. This allows you to generate QR codes for multiple items at once. This is how you use the app:
- On your phone, download and install the WiFi QR Code Generator app.
- Open it and type in the network name, password, and authentication type to get started.
- Now, simply click on the QR code sign, and you’re done.
So there you have it: some third-party tools for creating QR codes for WiFi passwords.
Furthermore, you can use the settings on your Android or iPhone to share WiFi with a QR code. On the iPhone, use Siri Shortcuts, and on Android, use this step-by-step guide to create a QR code if you’re using Android 10.