YouTube is the most widely used video hosting and sharing service on the planet. Hundreds of millions of people use YouTube every day to watch and share videos of all kinds. In addition to adults, YouTube has a sizable audience of children and teenagers. Needless to say, a parent must ensure that their children do not have access to any inappropriate YouTube video.
You may accomplish this with the help of iPhone YouTube limitations. Continue reading to learn more about how to use iOS parental controls on YouTube.
Why is YouTube not good for kids?
- Addiction to YouTube is a real thing.
- YouTube also has a lot of violent, profane, and other types of improper content.
- What kids view on YouTube has an impact on them.
- Even some YouTube parodies of cartoons contain pornographic material.
- Strangers on YouTube can also befriend your children, who could turn out to be predators.
How to Setup YouTube Parental Controls on YouTube App for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch?
Using YouTube’s native restriction function is the simplest approach to prevent your children from accessing any inappropriate content. On YouTube, “Restriction Mode” is a clone of Safe Mode. It will ensure that your children only see acceptable information that has been labeled as safe for them to view. As a result, you can begin by enabling YouTube parental controls on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
- To begin, open the YouTube app on your iPhone or iPad. Sign in with your account credentials if you haven’t already.
- Go to Accounts and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Restricted Mode Filtering” from the list of possibilities.
- Simply enable the feature and set the restrictions to “Strict.”
- After that, simply quit the settings.
How can I set up YouTube Parental Controls on my iPhone using Safari?
- To begin, simply open your device’s web browser and navigate to YouTube.com. Also, use the correct credentials to log in to your account (or your child’s account).
- By tapping the hamburger icon at the top, you may access its settings.
- You can also sign in from this page if you haven’t already. After that, go to your account settings.
- Turn on the “Restriction Mode” option. In addition, you can specify the level of strictness here.
How do I block the YouTube website on iPhone 11?
- Click Settings on the Home screen.
- Tap Screen Time and choose Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Tap Content Restrictions and click Web Content.
- Tap Limit Adult Website options.
How do I use FamiSafe to block the YouTube app and browser on an iPhone?
In this instance, a dedicated parental control app would be required. We recommend FamiSafe because it is simple to use and has a lot of features. You may disable YouTube on the device remotely, as well as establish a screen limit for their iPhone.
Follow these instructions to discover how to use FamiSafe to set up YouTube parental controls on your iPhone:
- To begin, download the FamiSafe app to your phone and your child’s device. To do so, go to the company’s website or App Store page.
- Create a user account by opening the app on your phone. Sign in using your account credentials after that.
- Choose which device the parents and children will use.
- You must also choose the platform for the child’s device when setting it up. In this case, for example,it will be iOS.
- Carry through the same procedure on your child’s phone to ensure that both devices are correctly linked.
- That’s it! You may now access all of FamiSafe’s wonderful features by just going to the FamiSafe app on your phone. You may just go to the “App Blocker” option to block an app.
How can I put restrictions on the YouTube app on my iPhone?
You may instantly disable YouTube (or any other app) on the smartphone using the App Blocker option. You may also use this section to create time limitations for any app.
If you want to limit the amount of time you spend on YouTube, go to the “Screen Time” function and select “Set Screen Time Limit.”
How to restrict YouTube on Safari?
Parents may also block YouTube Web pages on Safari or filter websites by categories using the Web Filter feature.
To disable YouTube on your iPhone Safari, follow these instructions:
- Then touch Web Filter, then Exceptions.
- Tap Add an Exceptions, then tap Exceptions.
- Go to www.youtube.com and select Block from the drop-down menu. Safari will prevent your children from accessing YouTube.
You may simply meet your criteria now that you know how to set up YouTube parental controls iPhone. Install FamiSafe on your device and ensure that your children have a safe and nurturing online environment.