Do you know the most sought-after post-graduate degree to give you that competitive edge, whether an engineer or a commerce graduate? Yes! You guessed it right! It is Master of Business Administration. It is a program that equips you with the business skills to steer your career in your selected field. Every country has top-notch universities that offer a global MBA program. We know it can be too overwhelming and confusing to make the right pick based on multiple factors that are unique to every student. We all know that the US is the epitome of education, but UK and Canada are also hot picks to study MBA for an international student. If tuition and getting into the IVY leagues in the US are a factor, the students in the UK or Canada are their next option. Thus to simplify and enable clarity in the minds of multiple students, we thought of bringing you a comparison for doing MBA in UK vs MBA in Canada. We surely know this is what you were looking out for! Now sit back and read this blog carefully. You can get in touch with AOEC India for any further queries. We will be indeed happy to support you.
MBA IN UK VS MBA IN CANADA
Choosing a post-graduate degree is a big decision to make. It requires a lot of courage and sound decision-making to get the best result and career prospects for your future. Master of Business Administration, popularly known as MBA, is a Master’s program that students demand worldwide. It gives you a fantastic opportunity to explore and reaccelerate your pace in the field of academics.
UK and Canada are countries where students look forward to doing their MBA. However, they lack the exact knowledge to understand the differences between the two countries to base their decision on. We want to support our students with the correct information to map it to their circumstances and requirements and then make the final decision for themselves.
We will be sharing everything to do with MBA in UK vs Canada; however, remember both have great universities to offer. Let’s get started with MBA in the UK.
You are choosing your best study destination!
Let’s begin the comparison on various aspects for MBA in UK vs MBA in Canada.
People who have studied in the UK described it as studying in heaven! While students who have been to Canada consider it highly reputed in terms of academics and infrastructure. Both the countries are excellent in their way.
Here are the points unique to studying MBA in UK VS MBA IN Canada that will set you on the path of thinking, comparing, and finally arriving at a decision.
1. Process of admission for MBA
- Entry Point: To get admission to an MBA in the UK, an international student must have completed their three-year graduation degree from any recognized university in their country.
- Requirement: Students need 2-3 years of work experience to secure admission to the MBA program.
- Entry Exams: Students need to give their GMAT, IELTS, or TOEFL. Almost all universities in the UK have its requirement, and getting good scores is also crucial for admission to the MBA program.
- Entry Point: An MBA in Canada, like the UK, also requires the international student to having a bachelor’s degree in hand to qualify for admission to their MBA program academically.
- Requirement: Students with two years of work experience are preferred by universities, although it is not a mandatory requirement. If you have work experience on your resume, then you have a better chance as your resume looks better.
- Entry Exams: Students need can decently score in GMAT, but they need to score well in their IELTS or TOEFL exam on English proficiency.
2. Cost of studying MBA
- The fees for an MBA from the UK could range anywhere from 11 lakhs to 18 lakhs per year. It differs from university to university.
- The fees for an MBA from Canada could range anywhere from 13 lakhs to 15 lakhs per year. It differs from university to university. The cost of studying MBA in Canada is lower than in the UK, so the ROI is better.
3. Course duration of MBA
- Most of the universities present in the UK offer MBA as a one-year full-time program. It is important to note that MBA degrees from the UK are not considered equivalent to Master’s degrees in India by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).Canada
- The MBA course duration in Canada is about 12 to 20 months.
4. Student composition for MBA
- You will be surprised to know that almost 80% of MBA students in the UK are from other countries worldwide. This offers you excellent exposure to cultural diversity, work practices worldwide and develops a global perspective.
- Canada is the more affordable country to study in than the UK due to lower tuition fees and cost of living. Thus Canada witnesses international students from all across the world for studying MBA program.
5. Exposure the MBA offers to students
- MBA in the UK offers an opportunity to meet and interact with the most influential business leaders during lectures, seminars, and guest speakers events. Students also work on various projects h and internships with some of the most prestigious industry giants.
- An MBA program in Canada promises you practical and theoretical knowledge to face the job market competition. Moreover, students can capitalize on gaining valuable work experience through off-campus employment.
6. Employment Opportunities
- The UK does have a potential job market for international students. Moreover, their work visa has been relaxed. As a result, an international student is now eligible to work up to 2 years after their study in the UK.
- The Canadian job market provides several job opportunities in Canada to international students who have done their MBA in Canada. Definitely, in terms of the job market, Canada offers better opportunities when compared to the UK because of the number of jobs available.
7. Scholarships for MBA
- Firstly getting into one of the best MBA colleges in the UK is a task. Different colleges offer different kinds of scholarships. However, it is essential to know that winning a scholarship is more complex than getting admission, particularly at the country’s best schools for MBA.
- You will be happy to know that most international students can avail themselves of various types of scholarship awards, grants, or bursaries to finance their education by the government of Canada. You need to know the application process and apply as per the defined timeline.
8. Documents required to apply for MBA
When applying for MBA in the UK, keep the following prepared:
- Application form of the university
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Reference
- Work experience (if any)
- English Language Test Scores
- Certificates of Extra-Curricular activities
The following documents will be required by an international student while seeking admission for MBA in Canada:
- Statement of Purpose
- English Language Test Scores
- Work Experience (if any)
As a student, you should keep in mind while arriving at your conclusion to choose between UK and Canada FOR YOUR MBA. Just remember to make the most out of this experience by working on your skill sets and grabbing every opportunity of learning coming your way. It will build your resume, and if you are the best, nothing is stopping you. So don’t forget to work on yourself while studying abroad.