Deleting friends from Snapchat is a simple process. You can remove users from your list with a couple of touches if you no longer want to follow them. However, if a procedure is simple, it is also simple to make mistakes.
You may unintentionally remove someone you didn’t mean to. What if you’re able to resolve the dispute you were having, but oh no! They’ve already been removed! Will there be a lot of drama between friends as a result of this?
Certainly not. You don’t have to be concerned because you can immediately re-add your buddies. Before you can add them again, you’ll need to fill out some information about their profile. So, what happens if you can’t remember their username?
You can re-add Snapchat friends in a variety of ways, depending on the information you have about them. This post will go through four alternative ways to locate friends that have been erased.
How to Find Deleted Friends
If you accidentally deleted a friend and wish to add them back, there are a few options. You can add them by username, from a contact list, from a list of friends, or by using a snap code.
One useful feature of Snapchat is that people typically remain on your buddy list after you delete them, even if just for a short period. So, if you can’t remember your friend’s username or contact information, and you just erased them by accident, the first place you should look is to see if they’re still on your friends list.
Add a Deleted Friend from Your Friends List
You can quickly re-add your friend if their username is still on your friends list. To do so, you’ll need to:
- Go to the Snapchat app on your phone.
- On the top-left of the screen, tap on your user profile.
- Select My Friends from the Friends section.
- When the list loads, you’ll see all of the users you follow as well as those who follow you.
Even if you deleted multiple friends, they may still appear on this list with a plus sign next to their name. That indicates they’re still following you around, blissfully unaware of your major blunder. Simply touch on the plus sign to re-add them. Your deleted friend will reappear in your life.
Add a Deleted Friend Using Their Snapchat Username
You can instantly add your friend if you remember their username. You only need to utilize the search function to locate them. Take the following steps:
- From the app menu, select Snapchat.
- From the upper right corner of the screen, select the Add Friends icon (profile with a plus sign above it)
- In the search bar, start typing the username.
- On the right, press the Add button.
You would have successfully re-added your buddy after following these procedures. If you don’t recall their username, you may be able to get it by going to Snapchat.com and selecting the Snapchat Data option. You can get a complete list of people you’ve blocked or deleted by downloading this information.
To acquire access to Snapchat, simply log in and complete the verification processes. Then, from the website, download your information, open the file, and look for their username.
Add a Deleted Friend from Contacts
Snapchat also syncs all of your contacts, allowing you to quickly locate and add them to the app. To add a friend from your contact list, follow these steps:
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Then, in the top right corner of the screen, tap the Add Friends icon.
- On the right side of the screen, tap All Contacts.
- Find your friend and click the Add button to the right of their name.
If you can’t find a deleted friend in your contacts but remember having their information, it’s possible they cancelled their Snapchat account. They could, on the other hand, simply use a different e-mail or phone number for Snapchat.
Add a Friend with a Snapcode
You can also use their Snapcode to find your friend. Snapchat will simply find your friend’s profile if you have a photo of their Snapcode on your phone. To do so, you’ll need to:
- Tap the Add Friends icon in the upper right-hand corner of Snapchat.
- On the right side of the search bar, tap the ghost icon.
- Select the snapcode-containing image from the photo collection.
- Snapchat will scan the code, find your friend, and re-add them to your list of friends.