WhatsApp has added a new feature to its mobile app that seeks to imitate Snapchat’s features. While WhatsApp’s Disappearing Messages feature lasts for at least seven days, the company has launched a new View Once function for photographs and videos. The new feature is now accessible on both iPhone and Android, and if you’re not familiar with it, read on to learn how to use the View Once function for photographs and videos.
This is How to Use and Send View Once Photos and Videos on WhatsApp Easily.
WhatsApp now allows users to send photographs and videos that can be viewed only once. As previously said, View Once is available on both iPhone and Android, therefore it is currently available on both platforms.
It’s worth noting that the new option is accessible for both individual and group chats. If you’re not familiar with the mechanics, we’ve put together a list of step-by-step instructions that will show you how to use the function.
How to Send Photos and Videos that Can Only Be Viewed Once
Because WhatsApp’s view once function is only available in the most recent version, if you don’t have auto-update switched on, you’ll need to update your app.
After you’ve finished updating the app, simply follow the procedures outlined below.
- Open a chat with the person you want to send the file to.
- Select the media you want to send by tapping the camera icon, exactly as you would when sharing files.
- Tap on the circled 1 icon close to the send button.
- Tap the send button.
What You Should Know About WhatsApp’s “View Once” Option Feature.
- The one view mode on WhatsApp is literal: media delivered in this form can only be viewed once. They can’t be shared, forwarded, saved, or starred.
- The single view option is available in both direct messaging and group chats. You’ll have to enable it for each piece of media separately.
- You’ll only be able to tell whether the recipient has viewed your single view media if they have read receipts turned on. Finally, single view messages that are not viewed after 14 days are automatically deleted.