The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) is an independent body established by the Kenyan Constitution in 2011. The Commission is in charge of conducting or supervising referenda and elections to any elective body or office established by the Constitution, as well as any other elections mandated by a Parliamentary Act.
The Commission is comprised of seven commissioners and a CEO who is appointed by the commissioners and also serves as the commission secretary. The President appoints the commissioners, who are then confirmed by the Kenyan Parliament. Each member is appointed for a six-year term.
The following are the current commissioners:
- Wafula W. Chebukati – Chairperson – sworn in on 19 January 2017
- Prof. Abdi Yakub Guliye – sworn in on 19 January 2017
- Boya Molu – sworn in on 19 January 2017
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has announced 1450 open positions for voter registration assistants, 7540 open positions for voter registration clerks, and 580 open positions for voter constituency ICT clerks. This is in preparation for the general election in August 2022.
The application deadline is August 27, 2021.
Applicants should be aware that this is a 45-day temporary position.
How to Apply Online via the IEBC Job Portal
- Visit IEBC careers portal.
- Choose the position for which you are applying.
- Fill out the form with all of your personal, academic, and work information.
- You must be a Kenyan citizen.
- ICT clerks must have at least two years of experience in ICT (Information Communication Technology) support.
- Voter registration clerks must be at least 19 years old, and ICT clerks and voter registration assistants must be at least 21 years old.
- You must be a resident of the constituency and ward for which you are applying.
- For voter registration clerks, a minimum of KCSE C- is required, and for voter registration assistants, a diploma in ICT or a related field is required.
IEBC Clerks Pay
IEBC will pay registration assistants and ICT clerks KES.1500 per day, while voter registration clerks will be paid KES.1000 per day.