When you have both an iPhone and an iPad, you will definitely want to sync same data between them. For example, you may want to sync some iPhone photos to your iPad so that you can edit them on a larger screen. Or you may want to sync iMessges from iPad to iPhone so that you can continue chatting when you are outside. Keep reading to see how to sync iPhone and iPad easily.
Way 1. How to Sync iPhone and iPad via iCloud
iCloud is one built-in utility on iPhone and iPad to help users store data. Besides, it also can help users sync data between two iDevices. All you have to do is to turn on the sync option for specific data.
It can help you sync Photos, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Messages, etc. However, you have no choice to exclude the data that does not need to be synced. For example, if you turn on Messages in iCloud, it will help you sync all messages instead of selected ones.
Besides, you only have 5 GB of free storage space to store all your data. Predictably, the 5 GB of free space will soon run out – if you have a lot of data to sync. Or you may purchase storage plans beginning at $0.99 per month.
Steps to Sync iPhone and iPad with iCloud
- Make sure that both iPhone and iPad are logged in with the same Apple ID. Otherwise, even if the sync button is turned on, the data will not be synced.
- On your iPhone: Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > Tap iCloud > Turn on the option that you want to sync. If you want to sync photos, tap Photos > turn on Photo Library to make it.
- On your iPad: Go to iCloud to turn on the sync button as you do on the iPhone.
When the device is connected to Wi-Fi network, it will sync data automatically. Please note that changes will happen everywhere: When you delete a piece of message on iPhone, it will also be deleted on iPad. If you have enough storage space, iCloud is a good choice for syncing iPhone and iPad.
Way 2. How to Sync iPhone and iPad with AOMEI MBackupper
AOMEI MBackupper is one professional iOS data transfer tool. It is developed by a team that focuses on data security for more than 10 years. The tool can help you transfer iPhone/iPad data to computer as backup. Besides, it can also help you sync data between iPhone and iPad.
It provides two transfer solutions: selective transfer and one-click transfer. You are allowed to preview and select the data you want to transfer or you can transfer all data at once.
Compared to iCloud transfer, it is more flexible. You can decide what data needs to be transferred. Besides, both devices do not need to be logged into the same Apple account – it’s possible to transfer data from iPhone to iPad with different Apple ID.
Steps to Sync iPhone to iPad via AOMEI MBackupper
>> Selective Transfer
- Launch AOMEI MBackupper and connect iPhone to computer.
- After the tool recognize iPhone, click the Custom Backup option.
- Then you can click the icon to preview and select the files you want to transfer > Select a path to save the files > Click Start Backup.
- Unplug iPhone and then plug in iPad > Go to Backup Management page to find the backup made before > Click the Restore to transfer data to iPad. Please be assured that it will not delete any existing data on the iPad.
>> One Click Transfer
This works similar to iTunes backup and restore. It can help you transfer almost all data between iPhone and iPad including photos, contacts, messages, calendars, call history, Safari bookmarks, app data files, etc.
- Open AOMEI MBackupper > Connect iPhone and iPad to computer.
- On the Home interface, click iPhone to iPhone Transfer
- Here it will list the source device and target device > Enable the backup encryption to encrypt your data.
- Finally, click Start Transfer to make it. The target device will be restarted automatically when the transfer is complete.