For the VC4A Venture Showcase, VC4A has selected 16 countries (Seed and Series A). The portfolio companies are vetted by VC investors in 2021 through a rigorous referral and selection process that represents the best Seed and Series A investments. The businesses selected have high revenue and a competitive advantage. While working on innovations in transportation, healthcare, finance, commerce, and education, most are well positioned for regional and international expansion.
VC4A and its partner, the African Business Angels Network, will organize the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit on November 4-5, 2021, where the founders will pitch their businesses to investors (ABAN). The rounds typically range from $400K to $20M, and interested investors can get a seat at the table by attending one of the dedicated AESIS DealRooms held the week after the Summit. Showcase portfolio companies have raised nearly $160 million in venture capital since 2017.
Series A track portfolio:
- Alpha Direct Insurtech (bit.ly/3m9irCG) – (Insurtech/SaaS, Botswana)
- Arifu (bit.ly/3kIfZU4) – (Edtech, Kenya)
- Chari Co (bit.ly/2XUV7jh) – (Retail & Wholesale, Morocco)
- Cinetpay (bit.ly/3zIBYhP) – (Fintech, Côte d’Ivoire)
- CloudFret (bit.ly/3zPhrZ0) – (Transport & Logistics, Morocco)
- Fatura (bit.ly/3iddoj9) – (Fintech/Retail & Wholesale, Egypt)
- Rology (bit.ly/3ANzwrR) – (Healthtech, Egypt)
- Youverify Inc. (Youcheck Online Services Limited) (bit.ly/2Zqb3uH) – (SaaS, Nigeria)
Seed track portfolio:
- Appload (bit.ly/3EX7rAH) – (Logistics, Mozambique)
- CashBackApp (https://bit.ly/3uePDw7) – (Shopping & Retail, Kenya)
- FlexPay (https://bit.ly/3zNSxJj) – (Fintech, Kenya)
- Moja Ride (bit.ly/3F6EaUv) – (Fintech/Transport, Côte d’Ivoire)
- Oneport INC (bit.ly/3zICVXr) – (Logistics/Fintech, Nigeria)
- SAYNA (bit.ly/3kMAbE4) – (Edtech, Madagascar)
- ShipBlu (bit.ly/3ibKlwi) – (Logistics/AI, Egypt)
- Waya Limited (bit.ly/39NJYn3) – (Fintech, Ghana)
The selected startups will participate in a virtual investor readiness program over the next six weeks in order to get them in top fundraising shape for #AESIS2021. Aaron Fu of Catalytic Fund, Aniko Szigetvari of Atlantica Ventures, Gregoire de Padirac of Orange Ventures, and Andrea Bohmert of Knife Capital will lead the workshops, which will be complemented by office hours with domain experts and high-profile guest speaker sessions. The startups will also receive one-on-one mentoring from renowned VC and angel investors.