Why can’t your business be found on Google maps?
The most common reason why your business isn’t showing up on Google Maps is that your business lacks location authority. If your GMB listing (location) lacks location authority, you will have to be in close proximity or standing directly at your business location to appear in Google Maps.
Although location authority is the most common reason we see as to why businesses aren’t found on Google Maps, there are several other reasons that may be causing this issue for your business location. Due To Relocation Of Your BusinessAlthough location authority is the most common reason we see as to why businesses aren’t found on Google Maps, there are several other reasons that may be causing this issue for your business location.
And below I’m going to talk through the 4 most common reasons we see.
1. Google Verification
The first answer to the question why is my business not showing up on google? is not getting verified on Google. Some businesses do not complete the verification process, hence this results in the non-visibility of the business on neither Google My Business nor Google maps. If your business has lower competition in the market, then there is a chance of coming in the search result without getting verified. But, most of the unverified businesses do not come in search results with higher competition.
How To Know If Your Business Is Verified Or Not On Google My Business?
- To check whether your business is in the verified listing or not, go to the check your verification status tab of the Google My Business Help and then sign in using the email you have linked with your business.
- After signing in, click on continue and confirm your email address on the next tab.
- On the next tab, you will see all the business listings associated with the email you have provided.
- So select the business you are looking for and click on continue.
- Then on the next tab, it will show the verification status either verified or unverified.
- If you have initiated the verification process, then if not verified yet, it will show pending.
2. Your Business Is Lacking In Google Rankings
If somebody says the above line to you, what do they mean? This means your business is not showing up on the first page of search results due to its positioning in the below ranks. If you sort this ranking issue, then you will never ask again why is my business showing up on google. Google ranks businesses based on their importance, engagement, or CTR (Click Through Rate), and location. But, if you want to get into local rankings, then Google will determine your ranking based upon relevance, distance, and prominence. So, if your business fulfils all the above criteria of google, then google will push the ranking of your business and it will be visible to your customers more easily.
3. If Your Google My Business Account Is Suspended
If you are asking yourself why is my business not showing up on google, then also add one more question if you have followed all the guidelines correctly? This is one of the most common reasons for not getting visible on Google Maps or Google Search Engine? Sometimes due to some suspicious activities by the business owners to get more attention from the customers, google hands a suspension of the GMB account and therefore results in a no-show of your business in Google Maps or Google Search Engine.
What Are The Types Of Suspensions On Google My Business?
If you got the notification from Google regarding the suspension of your business, then check here in which category your suspension lies.
- If by any chance, your business account stays unverified, then Google can give a soft suspension. This means you can access as usual after logging in, but can not manage anything unless you provide verification proof.
- If you are totally unable to access your profile after logging into it, then you have been given a hard suspension for violating Google guidelines. In such cases, nothing much can be done as it will be showing a removal notification on screen.
- In some cases, Google removes the owner’s account and the location associated with the account. So, if Google reinstates the account, then it will also recover information associated with the owner’s account.
- But, sometimes google only removes the manager’s account, without causing any removal of location and other information.
4. Due To Relocation Of Your Business
There are many circumstances due to which business owners choose to shift their existing stores to a new location. While the shifting process they almost do everything, but one important task they miss is updating the relocation in Google My Business Profile. Unless you do so manually on your Google My Business dashboard, it will show the old location to the customers. The problem that will be caused due to not updating your recent location is if any customer reports that the store is vacant or no longer available, Google is quick enough to remove your store from Google Map as well as from the search engine too. So before asking why is my business not showing up on google, edit your relocated address.
5.No Address Provided On Google Maps
Some people google a few businesses but find no way to reach out to them. This is caused due to two reasons i.e. either the business owner has forgotten to add the address or the business owner is not interested in adding the address in Google maps. If the owner does not want to add an address, it is completely understandable due to some privacy issues. But, how can a business run without a store address?
But, the problem arises when Google does not make the business visible on Google Maps and Search Engine. To avoid this, some fixes can be followed to regain visibility in local searches. So, don’t scratch your head on why is my business not showing up on google?
- First, if you don’t want to reveal your address, then choose services over the shop while setting up your account.
- Secondly, inform Google previously that you do not want to disclose the location of your shop.
- Start making your business profile by clicking on the ‘Start Now’ option.
- Enter the name of your business on the next tab.
- Now, choose the option of not adding the location of your shop.
- But, you have to inform Google in which area you will serve to get you more customers.
- Now, verify the business using the required credentials.
Before you complain about ‘why does my business not show on Google‘, always check where you are lacking. Google keeps those businesses high up in ranking those who follow all the guidelines properly and generate more engagement on profile. Google always follows the traditional ranking system, hence it will never make a fault in ranking your business. So keep your growth high, Google will keep your rank high and will make you more visible to others.
These fixes are more efficient with different service-related businesses like catering services.
Before you complain about ‘why does my business not show on Google‘, always check where you are lacking. Google keeps those businesses high up in ranking those who follow all the guidelines properly and generate more engagement on profile. Google always follows the traditional banking system, hence it will never make a fault in ranking your business. So keep your growth high, Google will keep your rank high and will make you more visible to others.