The National Social Security Fund is a mandatory scheme for every employed Kenyans.
Its main objective is to offer all Kenyans a reliable basic financial security benefit. So, the agency is mandated with registering its members both from the informal and formal sectors. However, with the country having technological advancements over the years, you can now register and get NSSF statements online.
How to get an NSSF statement using the mobile phone app
NSSF Mobile app is available on both IOS and Android platforms. Below are the steps in getting an NSSF statement using a mobile phone:
- Install the NSSF app
- A prompt will appear for you to create an offline credential using a password and username. Save the details by selecting” save offline login”
- A notification “Login Saved” signaling a successful creation of login data.
- Click the “OK” button
- Use the verified offline login data to access the application features
- After a successful login, you will be prompted to select whether you are an employer or member.
- Select” Add new member”
- You must have registered on the NSSF e-service to continue. If you are registered, input your e-service username, password, and your NSSF number.
- If you are not cataloged in the NSSF e-service, click the button, “Not Registered?’Register. Include all the details required, validate, and save. A notification displayed as “Member Created” confirms successful registration.
- Click ok and the app will redirect you to a page where a prompt will appear for you to select the indicated identity credentials.
- The app will redirect you to a page displaying a member’s account, where you get various options to select.
- Select “View Statement”
- Download the statement if prompted to and view from your device.
How to get NSSF statement on the self-service portal
This is another method you can use to get an NSSF statement online. However, you must first register within the online portal to take advantage of the web-based system. Below is the procedure:
- Launch the NSSF Self- Service Portal on your browser
- On the portal, click the “ Member self-service links” option
- Select the “NSSF contributions statement” tab
- A statement’s account login page displays. Use your username and password to log in. After that, login and enable account privileges.
- After logging in, expect a welcome remark. Click on the link provided on the page to continue.
- The page redirects you to your account. Therefore, scroll to select the statement period you wish to access. Click on “Issue account”
- As a result, your generated NSSF statement is ready for viewing.
Final Thoughts on NSSF statement
To sum up, with technological advances, you do not have to go to NSSF offices to access your NSSF statement. Also, NSSF is only able to make the NSSF online statement available to its active registered members.