If you don’t want someone calling or texting you on your Google Voice number, you can block that person’s number from calling or texting you. Here’s how to do it on your computer and mobile device.
On the desktop, you can block a number in Google Voice.
- Launch your favorite web browser and go to the Google Voice site to block a number from your computer. Log in to your website account.
- Once you’ve signed in, look through your call record for the number you want to ban. Then, on that number, click.
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner of the number information section.
- Select “Block Number” from the menu that appears.
- In the prompt, select “Block.”
- Your chosen phone number has now been blocked in your account. On your Google Voice number, that user can no longer call or message you.
If you want to unblock a phone number later, pick it, click the three dots, and select “Unblock Number.”
In the prompt, select “Unblock.”
That number has now been unlocked.
Block Calls and Messages in Google Voice on Mobile
- To block someone from calling or texting you on your phone, first open the Google Voice app on your phone.
- Tap the number you want to block in your call history. Then hit the three dots in the top-right corner of the number screen.
- Choose “People & Options” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap the “Block [Number]” option on the “People & Options” page.
- In the prompt, tap “Block.”
- Your selected phone number has been blacklisted.
To unblock a blocked number, go to that number’s “People & Options” page and select the “Unblock [Number]” option.
And that’s all there is to it.