It’s a good idea to keep an eye on your data usage, not just to make sure you don’t over your restrictions, but also to see whether you need to change your current data plan.
Save money by avoiding unnecessary data charges by using the following methods
SET A DATA LIMIT
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Tap the gear icon next to your carrier’s name under Network & Internet > Internet.
- On the top, you’ll see how much data you’ve used so far in your current payment cycle. Select Data warning & limit from the drop-down menu.
- Select Mobile data use cycle from the drop-down menu. This allows you to choose when your account’s monthly cycle begins. Your current cycle is most likely synced with your carrier’s, but if you want to alter it, tape on Set first.
- Set the data warning to on. After that, you can set a data limit for your phone, such as 4GB.
- You may enable Set data limit on the same page. When your mobile data usage reaches the limit you specified, this will turn it off completely.
USE DATA SAVER MODE
Data Saver mode is simple to turn on and off.
- Toggle the Data Saver Toggle in Settings > Network & Internet. On, turn Data Saver on.
- Even if Data Saver mode is on, you may want to allow some apps to access background data. For example, you could want to receive Twitter updates regardless of your location.
Tap on Unrestricted data on the Internet page.
- Even if Data Saver mode is active, scroll down to any apps you want to activate for background data use.
- Toggle them on and off.
RESTRICT DATA USE TO CERTAIN APPLICATIONS
- To access the internet, go to Settings > Network & internet > Internet.
- Select Non-carrier data consumption from the drop-down menu.
You’ll get a list of all the apps that utilized data in the last month, along with how much data they consumed. (Tap on the time range at the top of the page to adjust the period you want to look at.)
Tap on the specific app to discover if it uses background data. You’ll see how much data the app has used, and you’ll be able to switch background data on or off, as well as select if it should still have unrestricted data consumption if Data Saver is enabled.