You can get your KCPE results by sending an SMS to 20076 with your Index Number. Alternatively, by visiting the KNEC website and entering your Index Number, you can view your KCPE results online. Candidates who took the KCPE examinations in 2022 will be unable to see their results until the platform is upgraded.
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is in charge of administering and publishing the KCPE exams.
Students and parents used to have to go to their schools to get their results slips. KNEC has made it possible to view your KCPE results online or by SMS in previous years.
How to Check KCPE Results via SMS in 2022
In 2022, here’s how to verify your KCPE results through SMS:
- Send an SMS containing your Index Number to 20076 for Safaricom, Airtel, networks to receive your KCPE results through SMS.
- If your Index Number is 1234567890, for example, you would SMS the following message:
- 20076 to 1234567890
- Within a few minutes, you should receive your KCPE results by SMS.
Before sending the SMS, make sure you have enough airtime.
On all networks, sending an SMS to check KCPE results costs Ksh. 25 per SMS.
How to Check KCPE Results Online in 2022
You can also see your KCPE results by going to the KNEC website and inputting your Index Number.
You can view your results in real time and print your KCPE result slip using this approach.
Follow these steps to check your KCPE results on the KNEC portal:
- Log in using your candidate number and examination year as your username and password on the KNEC website (https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/).
- On the “ONLINE- RESULT-SLIP” tab, select “ONLINE- RESULT-SLIP.”
- From the drop-down option, choose “KCPE.”
- Click “Login” after entering your Index Number.
- The results of your KCPE will be presented on the screen.
- Candidates who took the KCPE examinations in 2022 are now unable to use this approach because the portal has not been updated.