Sony is about to Launch its new subscription for the PlayStation Plus sometime later in June this year. If you own either a PS4 or a PS5 console, this may be an excellent time to take advantage of all the novelties. This article details every single piece of information that you need to know.
What is PlayStation Plus?
Behind the scenes, Sony is stretching out beyond its limits. The PlayStation Plus subscription takes advantage of a few features from the old PlayStation Plus. It combines it with those seen on the current PlayStation to produce three subscription levels that serve many online gaming benefits, a catalog of recent or older games, etc.
Sony PlayStation Plus packages
If you are wondering how many packages are presented with the PlayStation Plus. The answer is quite simple; they are 3 in total, each with its unique advantages as touched down below:
- PlayStation plus essential: It will Permit you to download two games for free every month with discounts, access to Betas, store backups, and Multi-player access.
- PlayStation plus extra: It borrows all the concepts of the PS Plus Essential and adds about 400 PS4 and PS5 games to download from the PS5 catalog.
- PlayStation plus premium: It borrows almost all the best PS plus essential and PS plus extra features and adds at least 340 titles on PS2, PS4, PS5, and PC.
Most Popular Games on PlayStation Plus
More than 700 gaming titles will be offered, but at least those who hold Extra and Premium packages are the ones who will benefit the most. Some of the tiles that are rumored to be showcased include:
- Death Stranding
- God of War
- Marvel’s Spider-Man
- Miles Morales
- Mortal Kombat 11
This list is based on rumors; more updates will be released when we get more information from Sony.
Suppose you were already subscribed to PlayStation Plus and did nothing during June. In that case, your subscription will automatically switch to PlayStation Plus Essential at the same rate until the end of your current plan). You can also choose another package anytime soon as registration is open.
Those who are running PlayStation Now subscriptions have a reason to smile. They will be switched automatically to a PlayStation Plus Premium subscription at no extra cost during the remaining subscription period. For current PS Now subscribers, however, the package will double.
PlayStation Plus subscription prices
Sony is expanding its pricing schedule from 60 to 120 euros per year, but with the possibility of also subscribing by the month as follows.
- The PlayStation Essential: 8.99 euros for a month
- The PlayStation Plus Extra: 13.99 euros per month
- The PlayStation Plus Premium: 16.99 euros per month
More in Gaming: